• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iphone 6 coming soon

Savemeasammy

We got our 4s's a month before the 5 came out. We are due for upgrades, so we can wait for the 6. We won't be in any big hurry, though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff

We got our 4s's a month before the 5 came out. We are due for upgrades, so we can wait for the 6. We won't be in any big hurry, though...

I'm on the same timetable. My 4s is around 2 years old and still works fine. I have Verizon unlimited data and really don't want to give it up. As the other carriers get better in my travel footprint, I may port my phone number to a different carrier rather than sign another Verizon contract that doesn't have unlimited data.

gmcunni

family is in same boat. iphone 4Ses. 2+ years old. been on no contract since June with sprint unlimited data but they maintain the rate we were paying. all new contracts cost a lot more (tho this week there seems to be some movement) but the device price is crazy.

we're hoping the iphone 6 release will drop the price on 5s and then we'll consider renewing.. especially since wife's phone "fell" and now has a cracked screen.

Geoff

I'm actually vaguely more interested in the 12" iPad when it comes out than upgrading my iPhone. It's not like either is anything I really need. If my phone ever dies, I'll make a decision then.

dlague

I have the iPhone 4S and an iPad Air provided by my employer. I went from an Android phone and hated the 4S screen size was too small, managing apps was easier on the Android, was able to run multiple apps etc. My kids all have the 5C and they swear by them. I still would like a larger screen which the 6 will have options for. My wife has the Galaxy 5S which has an awesome camera great video and many of the features are really nice. Samsung's phones are out pacing sales of the iPhone by twice the volume over the summer. I would imagine this release will even that out a bit!

In any case, the iPhone 6 is not something too exciting for me!

ctenidae

I just got the Lumia 1520 phablet. Windows Phone 8.2. So far, aside from being massive, I really like it. One handy feature, my Surface can remotely turn on the phone's wifi hotspot, and the hotspot turns itself off automatically after you disconnect.

Edd

Nearly 3 full years on the 4S for me so the iPhone 6 is a likely purchase for me and the lady.

I've got a 5C for work which I think is a really nice phone. That extra .5" of screen space makes a surprising difference.

skiNEwhere

I use straight talk because of the $45 a month flat charge, which requires you to buy the phone outright. As a result though I don't get an upgrade. But honestly, I couldn't care less about a faster processor combined with a better battery if it makes the battery life the same as the 5. I'd rather have Apple put a better battery in and keep the A6 processor so that I can get more out of each charge. I use the VPN capability of the phone and it kills the battery so much that I needed to get one of those mophie power packs that charges it about 70%.

gmcunni

sprint has a new deal $60 unlimited talk, text & data. don't know the contract details tho. only good for a single line.

o3jeff

family is in same boat. iphone 4Ses. 2+ years old. been on no contract since June with sprint unlimited data but they maintain the rate we were paying. all new contracts cost a lot more (tho this week there seems to be some movement) but the device price is crazy.

we're hoping the iphone 6 release will drop the price on 5s and then we'll consider renewing.. especially since wife's phone "fell" and now has a cracked screen.

Bring your old phones to an Apple store and see what they'll give you for them. I stopped in one about a year ago to look around at other things and one of the workers told me about the program, ended up getting iirc about $175 for my 16g 4s. The price fluctuates depending on if they need that model in re manufactured phones. Ended up trading it in for the 5s.

gmcunni

Bring your old phones to an Apple store and see what they'll give you for them. I stopped in one about a year ago to look around at other things and one of the workers told me about the program, ended up getting iirc about $175 for my 16g 4s. The price fluctuates depending on if they need that model in re manufactured phones. Ended up trading it in for the 5s.
cool, will check it out.

dlague

That is a good deal, mines the Sprint unlimited and is $80.

We have a family share plan that they keep grandfathering for us! We have 4 phones unlimited data and text with 1500 prime talking minutes for $99 + $19.99 per phone. I think that is pretty good! It seems like stores are trying to clear out inventory because my son just upgraded and we picked up an iPhone 5C for $29.99 at Target a couple of weeks ago and recently through Sprint my other son needed a replacement after losing his phone and got one for $49! He paid for that phone out of his pocket!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wouldn't pay $115 for a new cell phone, never mind a used one. What were you expecting that company to offer you? They clearly would want to sell it for more than double what they paid you.

MR. evil

They offered $115 for my 32Gb iphone 5 that's been in a case it's whole life and literally doesn't had a scratch on it. Screw that company.

Thats odd, they just offered my wife $175 for her 16gb iPhone 5 several weeks ago. I imagine allot of people are looking to trade in their phones with the 6 coming out which has flooded the market and lowered prices.

Edd

It was so tempting recently to take deals to trade in the 4S for a new 5S for free, as long as you signed up for a 2 year contract. If If I'm messing with it, though, I'd like to get the latest stuff and hopefully get a good, long period of use out of it.