• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Park hiring chair lift people CO yes advetise on craigs list Catskill s

ScottySkis

skiNEwhere

Odd that they are posting that job on the NY section of craigslist, they must really be hurting for lift operators. I doubt many people on this site would be able to take job though, seeing as it's in Colorado......

skiNEwhere

If I could get that job part time and fit it into my schedule, I'd take it for the sole purpose of getting the "Real Deal" (Free skiing at any non Vail resort in the state)

ScottySkis

Odd that they are posting that job on the NY section of craigslist, they must really be hurting for lift operators. I doubt many people on this site would be able to take job though, seeing as it's in Colorado......

I see them advertise all the time in the cats

BenedictGomez

Really? I guess its one of those jobs "Dreamer's" won't do. (end sarc) You may be right but I wonder why? Wish I could spend the winter in Winter Park.

Given youth unemployment in America is the highest its been in modern times, I find it difficult to believe ski resorts should be having difficulty filling these entry-level, fun, low-paying jobs.

skiNEwhere

Given youth unemployment in America is the highest its been in modern times, I find it difficult to believe ski resorts should be having difficulty filling these entry-level, fun, low-paying jobs.

I've gotten the impression it's not the of lack of entry-level jobs that's caused youth unemployment, rather their unwillingness to want to take them, depending on the definition of the word "youth"

deadheadskier

Staff member
Really? I guess its one of those jobs "Dreamer's" won't do. (end sarc) You may be right but I wonder why? Wish I could spend the winter in Winter Park.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Foreign student work visas aren't handed out as freely as they were years ago.

That logic doesn't really apply to destination western resorts like Winter Park. Such places don't really have "towns" and an abundance of unemployed youth. The kids that do live there are few in number and are likely silver spoon kids who don't need a job. The help is always imported. The only way transient unemployed youths make it to such locations to work is if the resorts have a substantial employee housing program that's dirt cheap. Those kids aren't affording a typical apartment in such communities on a lifty salary.