• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Largest resort in the East?

VTKilarney

That video of Juggernaut just brought back nightmares. Now I know why we bailed at the first chance. When Juggernaut was a 10 mile trail, it only dropped an average of 306 vertical feet per mile!

Domeskier

Lots of tracks into the woods on that Jug vid. Did HS inadvertently reveal more K secret stashes??

machski

Killington could put this to bed if they would ever do the interconnect to Pico. Heck, they'd even increase their maximum pod vert as Pico skis bigger vertically than any peak at K. But wait, they're parent company as some little legal issue out west in Utah I think....

Savemeasammy

Lots of tracks into the woods on that Jug vid. Did HS inadvertently reveal more K secret stashes??

There is probably no shortage of secret stashes off of Juggernaut. Just bring your cross country skis.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

If you're ever at K during the week let me know. I'd love to make some turns with you. I'd even have a relatively inexpensive ($36) place for you to stay nearby so you don't have to sleep in the car. I know you're working now so weekdays are probably tough but that's the only time I'm around.

For sure I will. I might go their thanks giving T day not sure yet.
Most likely the first weekend in Dec. will be my first trip. I think it's the 6th through 8th this year. We have a small group of guys ("THE BOYZ") who have been going up that weekend for years (whatever the 1st weekend in Dec. is). You may remember me talking about it in the past. Probably one of the only weekends I'll ski all season. I already have a bunch of K 2 for 1 tickets just for that weekend. You're welcome to come.

BenedictGomez

He's gone rogue.

Killington could put this to bed if they would ever do the interconnect to Pico.

Pico's vertical is greater than Killington's, but it's still sub-2000 foot.

At least they'd be above Stratton at that point though.

Puck it

attachment.php

Attachments

• killington.jpg
    killington.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 209

Puck it

HS ripping it up.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• biglines_66292.jpg
    biglines_66292.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 333
  • biglines_66448.jpg
    biglines_66448.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 331

WoodCore

Just to move the thread back to the original topic.........

I'd like to nominate both Smuggs and Stowe into the mix. There not necessarily officially interconnected but if you were to count this as one ski area it would win hands down and blow the wet, tight jeans off Killington not to mention many western resorts. Even on there own accord each ski area offers an amazing amount of lift accessed ski terrain that rivals many.

Others to throw into this mix would be Sugarbush, as mentioned previously, Jay Peak and Cannon Mtn, NH. When I think big lift accessible skiing acreage, I'm thinking slack country ski-able terrain, not necessarily slopes and trails. Don't ski where the man tells you too, figure out a way to make it work for you!

BenedictGomez

You're a moron if you believe the idiots from that mountain vertical site.

Huh? What the hades is there NOT to believe?

Do you think they've somehow monkeyed with orbiting satellites and GPS positioning to make Killington appear to have less vertical?

2990.png

HowieT2

Just to move the thread back to the original topic.........

I'd like to nominate both Smuggs and Stowe into the mix. There not necessarily officially interconnected but if you were to count this as one ski area it would win hands down and blow the wet, tight jeans off Killington not to mention many western resorts. Even on there own accord each ski area offers an amazing amount of lift accessed ski terrain that rivals many.

Others to throw into this mix would be Sugarbush, as mentioned previously, Jay Peak and Cannon Mtn, NH. When I think big lift accessible skiing acreage, I'm thinking slack country ski-able terrain, not necessarily slopes and trails. Don't ski where the man tells you too, figure out a way to make it work for you!

How do you put Stowe and smuggs together, and not sugarbush and mrg?