• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Area Walk-up lift ticket rates, 2014-15

steamboat1

Smugglers Notch: regular season $70 (each additional day $54)

Holiday rates $74 (each additional day fifty eight)

Spelled out the additional day holiday rate because the number eight comes out a smiley

skiNEwhere

You can disable that by checking "Disable Smiles in Text" :) 8)
attachment.php

Attachments

• disable .png
    disable .png
    26.4 KB · Views: 369

Domeskier

Sundown: 4/8 hours: $52/58. 6pm-10pm: $37. 2 hours on non-holiday weekdays: $32. Skiing central Connecticut's only double black diamond trail: priceless!

BenedictGomez

$2-3 is a standard rate of increase every year for most places!

Perhaps, but buyer psychology is important to consider. I imagine that's a factor in why Jay Peak's price has been $69.

What I'm getting at is, I'd bet Smuggs would make more on single-day lift tickets at $69 than they are going to at $70. I know it sounds ridiculous, but there are tons of studies that show this.

dlague

Perhaps, but buyer psychology is important to consider. I imagine that's a factor in why Jay Peak's price has been $69.

What I'm getting at is, I'd bet Smuggs would make more on single-day lift tickets at $69 than they are going to at $70. I know it sounds ridiculous, but there are tons of studies that show this.

I agree. There comes a point where people will ski else where if the rates go up too much. I remember when Jay was at $74 then dropped to $69 and has held there which has been a big win for them.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
You can shred all of Mohawk's intense 600ft of vertical gnar for $60. Valid from open-close so if you wanna do an epic 13 and a half hour skiing marathon you can. Midweek is 9:30am-10pm for $30.

Joking aside, if you can catch a snow day there that would be pretty awesome. The place is dead on sunny midweek days. If there's a snowstorm you'd have the place to yourself.

Domeskier

You can shred all of Mohawk's intense 600ft of vertical gnar for $60. Valid from open-close so if you wanna do an epic 13 and a half hour skiing marathon you can. Midweek is 9:30am-10pm for $30.

How are they ever going to stay in business with those prices and not a single double black offering?

thetrailboss

Staff member

Very true.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Still doesn't make sense to use a VT. Pass at Middlebury College Snow Bowl midweek.

14/15 rates:

midweek-$35
weekend & holiday-$55

Wow. Good deal. Brought to you by my tuition dollars and donations as alum ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

Whiteface: Peak season rate $89 (Peak Season pricing will be in effect from Saturday, December 13, 2014 through Sunday, March 22, 2015)

Gore: weekend/hol. $92....midweek $75

Belleayre: weekend/hol. $64....midweek $52

BenedictGomez

Whiteface: Peak season rate $89 (Peak Season pricing will be in effect from Saturday, December 13, 2014 through Sunday, March 22, 2015)

Gore: weekend/hol. $92....midweek $75

Belleayre: weekend/hol. $64....midweek $52

Holy crap, those are significant increases!

Whiteface was like $84, and IIRC unless I'm mistaken Gore was only $75.

Belleayre is irrelevant to me as I wouldn't pay $6.64 to ski there, but I think that went up too. I don't see how the heck they price Gore above Whiteface though, that's kindof shocking.