• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter 14-15 Ski Trip Plans

prsboogie

Park City over the kids' February break...regardless of what happens with PCMR.

Stayed in Newpark two years ago, beautiful place on the free bus line to canyons pcmr and deer valley and it was a lot cheaper than on mountain but still very easy to get around. The place has a small village with restaurants movies bowling all walking distance. Pic 1 is front my deck, 2 the inside of room and 3 the plaza area.

Attachments

• 1410233104900.jpg
    1410233104900.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 1410233134537.jpg
    1410233134537.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1410233171545.jpg
    1410233171545.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 92

BenedictGomez

I am debating whether to take a ski trip or go to a warm weather destination.

wide_blocked.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am debating whether to take a ski trip or go to a warm weather destination.

My parents retired to Florida in 2002. This is the annual hangup for me. And my non-skiing wife loves warm weather too. It's been three years since we last went down there during ski season. Best time to visit them weather wise is March. March is my favorite month of the ski season in New England. Probably will be heading down again this upcoming season.

ScottySkis

My parents retired to Florida in 2002. This is the annual hangup for me. And my non-skiing wife loves warm weather too. It's been three years since we last went down there during ski season. Best time to visit them weather wise is March. March is my favorite month of the ski season in New England. Probably will be heading down again this upcoming season.

You got to visit Key west. It the only place in Fl. that is cool in a liberal MJ and music way.

I would love to go to Utah and or CO. for vacaton this winter. Not sure if I have vacatoin time with new job in order to pull it off. If i went back to CO, mayb Steamboat again or A basin or loveland, I may sell my return ticket and just stay their.

Last edited:

Smellytele

My in-laws are down there and do go down time from time but try to go end of April during NH April Vaca. I do have to go down to pick up a car from them this year. I'll probably do it on MLK weekend which always seems to have the winter thaw right around then and questionable skiing. This year will probably dump seeing I won't be around.

skiNEwhere

You got to visit Key west. It the only place in Fl. that is cool in a liberal MJ and music way.

I would love to go to Utah and or CO. for vacaton this winter. Not sure if I have vacatoin time with new job in order to pull it off. If i went back to CO, mayb Steamboat again or A basin or loveland, I may sell my return ticket and just stay their.

Let me know if you come this way, I'll show ya around!

MadMadWorld

Warm weather trip instead of skiing? Do what I did, go in the spring (mid to late September) to South America. Chile has the best of both worlds. It's about a 3.5 hr drive between some amazing beaches and the Andes. You get the best of both worlds

Cannonball

I am in FL right now. I hope this is the closest I ever get to hell in life or in death.

Puck it

I am in FL right now. I hope this is the closest I ever get to hell in life or in death.

FLA sucks. I went in June to ORlando with the family a few years ago. The humidity just sucks the life out of you. I walked from the car to the clubhouse at the golf courses on the park and I was drenched in sweat.

Farleyman

Snowbird and alta late feb/early march!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

FLA sucks. I went in June to ORlando with the family a few years ago. The humidity just sucks the life out of you. I walked from the car to the clubhouse at the golf courses on the park and I was drenched in sweat.

It is the worst...state....ever....which prompts me to promote following "Florida Man" on Twitter.

Despite the above I am going to Key West next month. Any place where I can publicly carry and drink my booze deserves my attention.

skiNEwhere

When was the last time it snowed in Florida? If it ever snows again, I want to see some footage of someone skiing Britton hill, the highest point in the state at 345 feet above sealevel.

Smellytele

FL really sucks from May-Sept (early Oct) let Oct to April it is okay. well better anyway.

4aprice

Man this thread kick started me as I really hadn't started thinking too much about the up coming season. Should be at the family compound in Cottonwood Heights UT, the bridge week between March and April. Weather and other issues cooperating, thinking 6-8 weekends in the north country between December 6th and April 12th. Targets include Gore, Pico, Killington, Sugarbush, Stowe, Cannon (for me) + Okemo, Loon, Bretton Woods, Waterville and Mt Sunapee(to keep the Happy Wife, happy Life going). An early Mt Snow/Stratton weekend if the weather and prices are right. Day options will include Plattekill, and Belleayre, maybe Hunter If I can find a deal. Always possible are Blue or Elk (if the prices are right) and of course practice sessions at the home bump (CBK).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

FL really sucks from May-Sept (early Oct) let Oct to April it is okay. well better anyway.

Have family interests down in Florida on the Atlantic Coast just north of WPB. I actually like summer more then winter down there and the place is mostly empty. Inland sure is hot but seas breezes are a wonderful thing and I would go down at anytime.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Warm weather trip instead of skiing? Do what I did, go in the spring (mid to late September) to South America. Chile has the best of both worlds.

The gf and I have talked about Chile given she cannot normally take long vacations unless it's summer (teacher). A summer ski vacation is definitely in the cards sometime.

I am going to Key West next month. Any place where I can publicly carry and drink my booze deserves my attention.

Check out Key West for one day/night and party there; spend the rest of your stay in other Keys. You'll thank me.