• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Sign of Winter is coming

Puck it

Mt Baker, Washington is forecasted to receive nearly 100″ of snow by the weekend! Several rounds of precipitation is expected to bring snow above 6000′. The snowfall will be heaviest today through Thursday night and could fall at a rate of 2 feet per day.

Savemeasammy

Mt Baker, Washington is forecasted to receive nearly 100″ of snow by the weekend! Several rounds of precipitation is expected to bring snow above 6000′. The snowfall will be heaviest today through Thursday night and could fall at a rate of 2 feet per day.

Um... WOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
For me, billski emerging from his summer sabatical and starting random threads is the surest sign that Winter is coming.

All we need is for him to start a thread about people buying all the bread and milk from the stores when it snows, and we'll be good to go.

Puck it

Mt Bachelor is looking good too.
attachment.php

Attachments

• fullsizeimage-6_zpsce39fc15.jpeg
    fullsizeimage-6_zpsce39fc15.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 241

VTKilarney

Looking at the ten day forecast, the high temperatures are definitely trending lower, but the low temperatures are not going down in a similar fashion. It looks like the cloud cover is expected to retain the heat at night.

This may be to Killington's benefit since elevation may turn out to be the most important factor in opening first.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Doh! I just edited my post. I meant to say that the low temperatures are NOT going down that much.

jerryg

Wouldn't be surprised to see a coordinated effort by KTon and SR with the new PR/Advertising stuff going on. That's not saying that the mountains themselves don't want to win the battle, so to speak, but Boyne and Powdr could take it out of their hands.

Then again, that would be so lame. They can work together later. Rev up the pick ups and t-tops!

Looking at the ten day forecast, the high temperatures are definitely trending lower, but the low temperatures are not going down in a similar fashion. It looks like the cloud cover is expected to retain the heat at night.

This may be to Killington's benefit since elevation may turn out to be the most important factor in opening first.