• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bug Dope Recommendations

A

alpineco

BUG DOPE

FOR 40 + YRS IN THE OUTDOORS ONION GARLIC WORKS REASONABLY WELL. CURRENTLY I USE CITRONELLA, AN HERB COMBINATION ( OILS ( EXTRACT ) OF SAGE, PEPPERMINT, LAVENDAR, ROSEMARY THYME ) MADE BY CROCODILE IN COMBINATION WITH OLD WOODSMAN FLY DOPE WORK VERY WELL.
YOU NEED TO REAPPLY EVERY SO OFTEN DEPENDING ON SWEAT FACTOR.
I SPEND LONG HOURS STANDING AT AN INSTRUMENT AND REMAIN RELATIVELY FREE OF BUGS ........NOW TO FIGURE OUT TICKS...........!
:beer:

bigbog

re:....

smitty77 said:
Regarding the garlic comment, I think Mike P is on to something. I have heard that a diet high in garlic (or even taking the pills) will repel bugs. Anyone else heard this and if so where?
...Garlic and Vitamin B6 really helps me smitty77, however a garlic-rich Italian dish is far more tasty 8) . Put on Skintastic(sp?) for the first time today, but I did more driving around than hiking(~30min)...so can't really give it a true rating yet. Citronella really does work for mosquitoes, interesting about the bear attraction_thing if factual.

Greg, do I ever remember that oily tar liquid.....talk about uncomfortable stuff on oneself :roll: