Frontside ski recommendation? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    New keyboard?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always been his style, as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Always been his style, as far as I remember.
    He...had...been...using..periods...in...place...of ...spaces...because...his...space bar...wasn't...working...!

But it looks like that is resolved

FWIW - I plan to get the Volkl RTM 81 as my groomer/hard pack ski this season. I did an all day demo last year at Sugarbush and was amazed at how they hold an edge and make you want to ski fast. I have retired an old pair of Fischer RX-8's that were my usual hard pack ski. My daily driver is the Volkl Bridge that I skied over 40 days last year in all kinds of conditions and terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    FWIW - I plan to get the Volkl RTM 81 as my groomer/hard pack ski this season. I did an all day demo last year at Sugarbush and was amazed at how they hold an edge and make you want to ski fast. I have retired an old pair of Fischer RX-8's that were my usual hard pack ski. My daily driver is the Volkl Bridge that I skied over 40 days last year in all kinds of conditions and terrain.
    Just curious - since these are fully rockered, did you find them to be wobbly at speed when you were going straight (i.e. when the ski was not on edge?)

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Just curious - since these are fully rockered, did you find them to be wobbly at speed when you were going straight (i.e. when the ski was not on edge?)

That was not an issue or anything that I noticed.

I noticed the wander-y feel while straightlining on a demo set of 170 RTM 84s. I got used to it though. Pretty good ski.

The next season I tried the same ski in a 177 and noticed it much less. I found it less fun in that length, though. The same day I tried the 177 K2 Rictor 82s and enjoyed them more. They felt planted and playful.

If I get a chance to demo the 81s cheap I definitely will.

The reason I wondered is because I demoed some atomic Blackeye's, which have tip and tail rocker. I noticed they were squirrelly at speed when going straight (this was in skied-off soft powder which still allowed the skis to float a bit). They were also in the low 160's, so they were definitely on the short side.

Thread Information