• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Blew th Mice Out?

prsboogie

This one is from Sloaf Facebook page today as well

Attachments

• 1411125953279.jpg
    1411125953279.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 117

SIKSKIER

Sunday River kicked off the winter 2014-15 countdown last night by firing up 32 snowguns on the T2 trail to test out the upgraded pumps in our snowmaking system and a some of the 170 new snowguns we added to our arsenal this season. Plus, we just like making snow. It's what we do here. It's in our DNA. And it's why we're able to open early in the season and stay open deep into spring.

Smellytele

This one is from Sloaf Facebook page today as well

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]No, the subject line is not a hoax. Temps dropped down to 18 degrees up on the mountain last night, so we took the opportunity to 'blow the mice out,' as it were. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is there much point in running the snowmaking system in the middle of September? Not really. Sure, it's good to give the old girl a test run, but really, we're just sick of summer and ready for this winter to get started (even if it might be a while still).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And if you're anything like us, which I'm betting you are, now's a good time for you to get the season started by grabbing yourself a 14-15 New England Pass before the pre-season deadline on October 13.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So get on it. Check out today's snowmaking pics, watch this video, and lock in your New England Pass. Winter will be here before you know it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We already made snow, for crying out loud. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Savemeasammy

Bretton Woods was in on the action, too.

Nothing from Killington...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

Sugarloaf was blowing last night. First time in the 30's here, 37° on my Subaru's thermometer on my way to work this morning.
uploadfromtaptalk1411134842205.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

slatham

Love to see these shots. But we all need to cool down (sorry for the pun) because the forecast over the next several weeks is for above normal temps. Based on what I see in the models etc I think we have a solid month of waiting for any serious action on the snowmaking front (other than A-Basin and Loveland). Which is fine - Oct cold and snow (think Halloween storm of '11) is often the kiss of death.

Smellytele

Can't figure which thread to post in:

http://www.wmur.com/escape-outside/...bretton-woods-sunday-river-sugarloaf/28148848

09-19-14-snowmaking-and-lodge-jpg.jpg

Savemeasammy

Killington's waiting to actually blow snow to open. Which they will do first. Sunday River can suck it.

Just surprised K isn't jumping on the bandwagon.

I will be excited for Killington to open. SR is too far away.

drjeff

Just surprised K isn't jumping on the bandwagon.

I will be excited for Killington to open. SR is too far away.

The Spartan Race is at K this weekend. My guess is that they do have some snowmaking equipment, just at lower elevations and ready to SOAK those attempting that TOUGH course!! Last year's had a climb UP Devil's Fiddle about mile 10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

prsboogie

I'm I the only one who is crawling out their skin to get on snow after these pics 😨😨😨😨

prsboogie

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/106589350" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>