• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When are you going to start skiing this year?

machski

As soon as I can at the river. But if they wind up with weekends only while off the mid station and Killington is daily, will hit k first if it fits my work schedule better

Brad J

Will go to Killington opening weekend and do the stair master for season conditioning

VTKilarney

I have plans to be at Killington in early November. I'm tempted to use my 2-for-1 voucher.

drjeff

1st turns about 8 minutes after the 1st Saturday Mount Snow is open and the Bluebird deposits me on the summit!

yeggous

Are you kidding? I'll be on the first skiiable line.

I've done Killington in October once. I learned my lesson and now how out for something with easier access. This generally means Sunday River, or more recently Bretton Woods.

jimk

I got to ski on Nov 30 last year in southern PA and it was better than just a single WROD. Really high quality man-made snow. Usually I start a couple weeks later.
liberty nov 13.jpg

dlague

Stairs at K Town do not seem favored here! It is nice to say we did it a few times but that excitement has become a detractor. As I mentioned earlier and others have mentioned as well not steps for this guy!

The Sneak

Every year it's the wawa wrod for me . Last that was like November 16th iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Sadly I usually dont ski until early January, but then I'm skiing virtually every weekend till' close.

The reason for the late start is I have to be in Florida for Christmas/New Year's each year, and mid-December driving from my location to typically meh mid-December conditions is just not worth it IMO.

Last year, however, I skied TWICE in December before Christmas, in the Poconos no less. By December 15th, the Poconos was skiing better than it usually does on February 15th. It was bizarro-world.

mriceyman

Usually use the k 2 fer the first weekend of december but with a kid now i dont think i will waste a weekend away on early season conditions... Even tho last year we got the 18" dump on sat nite pf the early trip

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

Usually use the k 2 fer the first weekend of december but with a kid now i dont think i will waste a weekend away on early season conditions... Even tho last year we got the 18" dump on sat nite pf the early trip

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
2 fer is only good till Dec.14th I believe.

Me I'll be up the 1st weekend in Dec. with "THE BOYZ" for sure.

Earlier start is snow & terrain dependent. Pretty sure I started mid-Nov. last year.

I'll try to get my K-pass under $100 a day before Christmas.

Shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Full speed ahead after the holidays.

Madroch

Usually open mid to late nov. with ttb somewhere in southern/central Vermont.....

hammer

Usually shoot for the day after Thanksgiving. Loon usually has a handful of trails open at that time, but on occasion the weather is cold enough to get a WROD closer to home.