• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When are you going to start skiing this year?

4aprice

For me the season is Nov 15th thru April 15th, but that doesn't mean I'll rush up on the Nov 15th unless mother nature plays along. Most likely I'll start up on either the first or second week of December (again up to mother nature and kids schedule/plans). Have seen CBK open as early as Thanksgiving weekend in the past and that would push things up but can't and don't count on that. Once its on, its on through tax day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Riverskier

As soon as Sunday River opens, hopefully in October like usual. The first day of WROD is one of the most exciting days of the season for me.

xwhaler

My season usually starts the Saturday of Thanksgiving wknd and runs through Mid April. Last yr I got out the wknd before Thanksgiving and am likely to do that again.
Have Sunday 11/23 targeted for Okemo but if things look good at K or Wildcat a wknd sooner than that I will likely participate.
I need decent vertical to make early season worth it.....Okemo does a nice job off the Northstar/6 pack chair running World Cup.
If Wildcat could offer T2B Mid November off the HSQ that would be a big draw. And because the conditions are likely to get scraped off quickly with limited available terrain I'm also a fan of high speed lifts to get a bunch of laps in.

Cornhead

I typically wait for my local WROD to open, but something tells me Scotty will convince me to make November turns at K again this year. That's OK, I started and finished my season at K last season with many a powder day in between, better not tempt fate.

My local hill, Greek Peak, was open on Thanksgiving a few years back. Turkey and turns sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

WWF-VT

I have a free voucher for a day at Killington that I would use if it makes sense in late October/early November. My season usually starts when Sugarbush opens in November.

SkiFanE

The first weekend the SR WROD opens. Every weekend pretty much through April after that, with the last few years ending at K after SR closes. During soccer season overlap, husband I will split up weekends.

People that think the WROD is a waste of time...well...when the "real" season starts and your back aches, your quads kill, your boots hurt before getting worn in, you forgot you were missing a glove from last spring... I'm all set and can ski the "real" stuff all day, with a prepped body and gear :) Plus it's free skiing (my personal addiction), so gas is only expense...cheaper than crack haha!

snoseek

If there's skiing during October than ill likely open my season right here on the east coast. It has to be midweek though as I usually work on weekends and won't deal with the craziness of all those pent up crowds, its just dangerous sometimes. I'll only go once, to get it out of my system and won't go again till I reach my final destination...wherever that may be. Maybe, just maybe a day at Loveland on my way just for old times sake.

mbedle

Thanks wa-loaf, I still had to look up what a White Ribbon of Death meant. I get it now... Alright, going to be local hill Blue, hopefully the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Cornhead

Sounds like sections of Superstar on K's last day. BROD

steamboat1

Really only two spots. Climbing down the top of the headwall (pictured) & one spot down lower which was easy to ski over. You can see the lower spot near the top of the photo. Otherwise the trail was pretty well covered. The lift was ski on, ski off which is a big plus.

Cornhead

Really only two spots. Climbing down the top of the headwall (pictured) & one spot down lower which was easy to ski over. You can see the lower spot near the top of the photo. Otherwise the trail was pretty well covered. The lift was ski on, ski off which is a big plus.

I wasn't complaining, had a great day! Thanks Mr Moose!