• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New terrain at the river

MadMadWorld

This is the only cliff I can remember under the Spruce Triple. If that's in bound then Sunday River just set the bar but I doubt it. That landing looks spine tinglingly flat. Although skiers right appears like it could be fun.

Attachments

• 1411661174327.jpg
    1411661174327.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 197

skiberg

Great for Sunday River as the lack difficult and technical terrain. However, cant see how they will get Gnarnia open without pointing a few snowguns in that general direction. That's a pretty good sized cliff.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Actually maybe not.....

sr39.jpg

spt_line.jpg

Looks like fun.

skiberg

The landing is not too bad. It gets skied occasionally when there is enough snow. That picture is taken in a petty good snow year.

JAM614

+2
Used to do that in the early 90's, along with Spruce Cliffs before it was a trail, then not a trail: ) It's a small step off in most locations. The real hazard used to be crossing the 3 mile trail and avoiding the snowmaking pipe on the other side. Plus the risk of pass pulled by Patrol.

mbedle

Coming from a boarder's point of view, that fall line looks absolutely painful between three mile and lazy. And isn't that cliff right before the cross-over for three mile? If it is, I see a lot of bowling for beginners happening this season.

JAM614

Coming from a boarder's point of view, that fall line looks absolutely painful between three mile and lazy. And isn't that cliff right before the cross-over for three mile? If it is, I see a lot of bowling for beginners happening this season.

The run-out is indeed too flat to make any decent turns IMHO. There is enough of a run-out to scrub speed before crossing the beginner trail. I can only see this being officially open when natural snowpack is decent.

machski

It will be open more often as they have thinned out the tress to lookers left of the rock cliff in the photos posted. This will allow a non-drop line on the upper section. They supposedly swung it wide skiers right after the 3 mile junction, likely to give a better option over the cross mountain airline pipe there (I need to go look, that thing isn't used anymore anyway so I kind of wonder if they cut out and removed a section of that pipe).

Vortex

This will be great. You should be able to get from Spruce to Last tango. I am a little curious about the cross over 3 mile trail, but I think it will work out.

prsboogie

^2 glades off lower White Cap, 1 trail off Spruce and 1 glade off Barker and North

Highway Star

Cool, are they going to install snowmaking on these glades to make them skiable....?

canobie#1

I'd love to see locke triple get this carpet system too.

Even white cap.