• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The no BS real explanation to ski boots and their fit + flex

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's crazy that they can't get more for the year and it's not October. Bad forecasting by Tecnica

yeggous

That's crazy that they can't get more for the year and it's not October. Bad forecasting by Tecnica

It's a brand new boot for this year. The liner feels amazing. It fit so well that I am concerned that it's going to pack out early.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Going to eek one more season out of my Kryptons most likely anyhow, so the discussion is a moot point for me.

I guess not.

Just purchased a pair of last years Nordica Firearrow F3 boots. Social media works as I saw Fire on the Mountain advertising a Columbus Day Sale. I went into the shop most interested in this years Lange RX130 or a K2 Pinnacle 130. I tried both of those on, but then the shop guy pointed out the Nordicas as another option for a stiffer boot. They fit great. Man are the liners sweet compared to the utilitarian Intuition liners in the Dalbellos.

Also goes to show what a crap shoot flex ratings are. The Firearrows felt stiffer than the other two boots. Their flex rating is a 14 (whatever that means) and I've read online that that translates to a 115.

Great deal too. $349 and they threw in an early season voucher for Sunday River. I probably could have saved a little bit more buying these boots online, but having the shop available to work on them for no charge if I have issues was worth the extra few bucks to me. I also likely wouldn't have gotten a "free" day of skiing buying the boots online.

Can't wait to ski them.

Hawkshot99

They fit great. Man are the liners sweet compared to the utilitarian Intuition liners in the Dalbellos.

Did you ever have your intuition liners cooked? I got my first pair 4 years ago and LOVE them. I have never been able to get such a custom fit to my foot shape.
I have a new pair of boots on the way to me and they come with the "now intuition" liner. Supposedly no cooking required but can be done if wanted.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes, had them cooked. Never liked the overlap design of the intuitions. The Nordica liners have much nicer padding and the fabric is great. These can also be heat molded. I didn't get that done today as the shop was crazy busy with the holiday sale. I'll go back when its quiet and I can spend more time getting them molded and dialing in the cant.

Cannonball

Yes, had them cooked. Never liked the overlap design of the intuitions.

Interesting. I know it's not quite as important with snowboard boots as ski boots, but I just got a new pair of Ride boots as part of a warranty exchange. They have Intuition liners (the original ones I had didn't) and my first thought was "man that overlap looks uncomfortable!" I hope they are OK, but I can definitely already picture me not liking it.

Hawkshot99

Yes, had them cooked. Never liked the overlap design of the intuitions. The Nordica liners have much nicer padding and the fabric is great. These can also be heat molded. I didn't get that done today as the shop was crazy busy with the holiday sale. I'll go back when its quiet and I can spend more time getting them molded and dialing in the cant.

Interesting. I know it's not quite as important with snowboard boots as ski boots, but I just got a new pair of Ride boots as part of a warranty exchange. They have Intuition liners (the original ones I had didn't) and my first thought was "man that overlap looks uncomfortable!" I hope they are OK, but I can definitely already picture me not liking it.

Interesting. I am a big fan of overlap liners. On older boots I wiuld often get hot spits on the edges of the tongue.
Guess it goes to show diferent things for different people.

prsboogie

I guess not.

Just purchased a pair of last years Nordica Firearrow F3 boots. Social media works as I saw Fire on the Mountain advertising a Columbus Day Sale. I went into the shop most interested in this years Lange RX130 or a K2 Pinnacle 130. I tried both of those on, but then the shop guy pointed out the Nordicas as another option for a stiffer boot. They fit great. Man are the liners sweet compared to the utilitarian Intuition liners in the Dalbellos.

Also goes to show what a crap shoot flex ratings are. The Firearrows felt stiffer than the other two boots. Their flex rating is a 14 (whatever that means) and I've read online that that translates to a 115.

Great deal too. $349 and they threw in an early season voucher for Sunday River. I probably could have saved a little bit more buying these boots online, but having the shop available to work on them for no charge if I have issues was worth the extra few bucks to me. I also likely wouldn't have gotten a "free" day of skiing buying the boots online.

Can't wait to ski them.

I have the F2 got them last season. I love them, except i got blistering on the left side of one tongue. About a 2 inch strip of blisters that never healed until mid summer. Went to my local shop and they moved the top buckle out so the pull on the tongue is backwards instead of across my shin as it was. We will see how it works out.