• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Early season ticket prices

Smellytele

I know that Killington and Sunday river (and most places) discount early season tickets. I was thinking of hitting up SR on Saturday of Thanksgiving and was wondering historically what the lift tix cost around then? I am also going to hit K on either Wednesday or on Thanksgiving as well with the 2fer1.

xwhaler

About 5 yrs ago I paid $39 to ski the Sat of Thanksgiving wknd at SR....though that was when they only had T2 and Sunday Punch open.
3 yrs ago I skied K the Sat of T-day wknd and tix were $69 though I had the 2fer.
Paid $45 the same Sat at Okemo 2 yrs ago and $50 at Okemo last yr though it was comped so nothing for me.
I think early season pricing is really dynamic depending mostly on how much competition but also how much terrain is open.
I noticed that K is not letting that early season 2 fer be used the Friday or Sat of Thanksgiving wknd now.

This yr we'll be back at Okemo same Sat of Thanksgivng wknd. I will be there the prior Sunday ($35 NH Sunday Solution) and probably at K one of the 2 wknds before with the 2 fer.

Last edited:

steamboat1

Stowe will be $77 from opening - 12/5 & then 4/6 till closing. This includes the cost of the Stowe Evolution card (RFID). If you already have the card it will be $72.

Riverskier

I have no historical data so I may be off here, but my recollection is that the price will really depend on open terrain. Some years they have 30-40+ trails open by then, and some years 3. It won't be full price, but I would estimate $39 to $69 depending on open terrain. Of course there may be deals as well.

dlague

I have no historical data so I may be off here, but my recollection is that the price will really depend on open terrain. Some years they have 30-40+ trails open by then, and some years 3. It won't be full price, but I would estimate $39 to $69 depending on open terrain. Of course there may be deals as well.

Spot on!

Tin

It might depend on the area but Liftopia gave me a full refund last year when MRG didn't open on what was their planned closing day. In the email it mentioned being their policy if the area doesn't open for the day you get a refund, not just Liftopia credit.

Savemeasammy

What's the policy if for some odd reason SR isn't open?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I bought early season tix for Stratton last year. We ended up with heavy rain that day, and Stratton closed. Liftopia refunded my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Planker

What "last column"..... Sales office is now confirming $108 for a day ticket after 12/6

steamboat1

What "last column"..... Sales office is now confirming $108 for a day ticket after 12/6

The column all the way to your right...:smash:

The one that says early/late season.

2014/15 Stowe Mountain Resort Lift Access Rates

Adult
(ages 13-64)
REGULAR SEASON
On-Mountain
12/6/14 - 4/5/15
REGULAR SEASON
Online Orders
12/6/14 - 4/5/15
EARLY/LATE SEASON
On-Mountain or Online
Opening to 12/5/14,
4/6/14 – Closing
One Day$108*$89$77*

2Planker

Thread was referring to walk up window single day ticket price.. and it IS $108 confirmed....

If we can buy 'em at $77 there's plenty of room for mark up....

steamboat1

Thread was referring to walk up window single day ticket price.. and it IS $108 confirmed....

If we can buy 'em at $77 there's plenty of room for mark up....
In case you didn't notice (quite possible) this is the is the early season ticket price thread.

attachment.php

Attachments

• double_facepalm.png
    double_facepalm.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 135

SIKSKIER

I know that Killington and Sunday river (and most places) discount early season tickets. I was thinking of hitting up SR on Saturday of Thanksgiving and was wondering historically what the lift tix cost around then? I am also going to hit K on either Wednesday or on Thanksgiving as well with the 2fer1.
Don't see anything in the op about walk up rates.

xwhaler

I just purchased an Okemo ticket for Saturday of Thanksgiving wknd for $41.99 on Liftopia.
Walk up rate now is $49 so I'm guessing with continued terrain expansion it will be much higher.