Hand and Toe Warmers

AlpineZone

Hand and Toe Warmers

Prices seem to have increased quite a bit this year on eBay. I usually buy a box every year. The prices per retail box is now in the mid-$30s. Anyone find a good place to buy them for less coin?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

I was getting them from Warmers.com, they will sell you without the labeling for cheeper.....cant remember the prices but
    it was the best I could find last year.

I have only used them once! While they were helpful since it was like -11, I have never bothered to get any. I find the mitten gloves i used to be pretty warm, and I do not cram my toes into my boots so they stay fairly warm too. Then again I ski with out a face mask!

They are kind of pricey! I will stick to buying based on need!

http://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Body-...s+foot+warmers
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    I use these for my boots. Its not cheap initially, but these have lasted 5 seasons so far! Of course, having had frostbit on the toes a few times makes these a necessity!

http://www.hotronic.com/products/fw/index.html

I know that the Warmer's brand actually completely sold out of all their hand warmer products at one point just after the "polar vortex" last year As when I went to order another couple of cases of hand warmers last winter, their online shopping cart had a message something like "we are currently sold out of all of our stock of handwarmers and are working to produce more as quickly as possible. Please check back soon"

If you get on Warmer's e-mail list, they have sales a few times a year(the "best" is usually in late July/August IMHO). I restocked my families supply of handwarmers at a price point that brought their 10 hour hand warmers down to about 50 cents a pair, of course I had to buy 240 pairs to get it down to that point, but considering that the 4 people in my family average a combined 200+ days on the hill a year, and more days than not we'll have multiple family members using a pair of them, we go through a bunch of them annually
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

Hand warmers are in seperate pouches. I wish that they would package toe warmers the same way instead of stacking them ontop of each other in the same chamber.
    I never use either hands or toes for myself, but do use a toe warmer on cold days to stick to the back of my phone. Helps the battery last much longer. But with how toes are packaged I waste a toe every time.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    Hand warmers are in seperate pouches. I wish that they would package toe warmers the same way instead of stacking them ontop of each other in the same chamber.
    I never use either hands or toes for myself, but do use a toe warmer on cold days to stick to the back of my phone. Helps the battery last much longer. But with how toes are packaged I waste a toe every time.
    You can wrap the extra in tin foil or plastic wrap.....just get out the air and they will be good for the next time your go out.
    Ive never done it but I know a few that do.....It works !

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    That is a great idea for the phone, I have tho try that this year
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    [Originally posted by Mike_P]:

Backpacker, Peakbagger, Dayhiker or other.

Do you often go out for days at a time just to be out?

Do your trips vary in length (some one day others two or more) but focus on getting to the top of one or several mountains

Do your trips just last most of one day & may or may not focus on reaching the top of a mountain?

I'd call myslef a peakbagger.
    It works great. The best pockolet for easy access for pics and stuff o mm my jacket is a outside chest pocket. Battery gets pretty cold and at times will freeze up until it warms up. I have yet to have any of these problems with the toe warmer installed. Also the battery lasts much longer.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Tractor Supply Cheapest

Thread Information