• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New GoPro 4s released today

Puck it

I can hardly wait....:blink:
Isn't that you with the yellow ribbon on your pole at the beginning. Very gaperific.

Pretty easy to follow that video to get to the Light. GN to Escapade past High Traverse & Home Run and then look for the tracks heading in the woods. You will find the Light!!!

Edd

That man is lucky to have knee ligaments left. Some serious twist there.

Hey HS, how about more videos like this?

Gawd, I could crap better video. Why even put that garbage online?

MadMadWorld

Isn't that you with the yellow ribbon on your pole at the beginning. Very gaperific.

Pretty easy to follow that video to get to the Light. GN to Escapade past High Traverse & Home Run and then look for the tracks heading in the woods. You will find the Light!!!

Oh snap

Cannonball

The timing is good, I'm suddenly in the market for a new one....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0398.jpg
    0398.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 108

fbrissette

New model of Sony's Action Cam HDR-AZ1V, $250:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8phaxdS6E8

Their current top end $298 model HDR-100V had better picture quality than the Hero 3+ black.........

It has outstanding stereo audio, image stabilisation, GPS and 50 Mb/sec video quality. This is a much much better POV than the gopro.

Gopro still has it best on the mounts, but the Sony has a standard tripod mount that opens the door to a lot of options.

Edd

It has outstanding stereo audio, image stabilisation, GPS and 50 Mb/sec video quality. This is a much much better POV than the gopro.

Gopro still has it best on the mounts, but the Sony has a standard tripod mount that opens the door to a lot of options.

Sony still kills it on some products. I just bought a sound stand for the TV in our small living room. Using it for our music needs also. It sounds beautiful, considering what it is.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1412111576.311930.jpg

I wish they'd lead the way on new product lines more.

fbrissette

drjeff

If I get my kids gopros I'll post up tons of little kid POV at Wachusett!

Having both kids GoPro'd up worked out wonders for my wife and I a couple seasons ago! The kids took off "by themselves" down a trail in the pod the family was skiing at the time with just 1 common lift that the trails fed back into. My wife and I were on an adjacent trail. My wife and I got to the bottom, and started waiting (longer than we expected for the kids). After a couple of minutes, I started hiking up a bit, and I then I see them coming down, the older one (9 at the time) in the lead, with the younger oone (7 at the time) crying and following. The younger one had fallen in the trees, and lost his ski and couldn't find it in the powder (we were at Deer Valley that day) and started freaking out about not being able to find it. The older one, after the younger one fell, asked him if he was alright, and then took off a bit down the trail, leaving the younger one to fend for himself and try and find his ski. After the fact, the older one denied NOT helping the younger one. As my wife and I then said to both of them later that evening when we were back at the condo talking about what happened, "let's look at the GoPro footage to see who is telling the truth!" We had a dual POV view from each kid of the incident, and after looking at the video, the older kid had some apologizing to do! ;) Indisputable parental evidence the GoPro dual kid situation provided! :lol: