• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New GoPro 4s released today

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Lol. I paid $200 for my HERO 2 which can take 11mp photos, yet the $200 version of this year's lineup only goes up to 5mp.

I do like that it has a wireless remote. That's the only PITA part about a gopro if you don't have that feature.

The 129$ model is a steal.

wa-loaf

I have no need for 4k. But the price is low enough on the entry level that I might be tempted to get some for the kids to play around with. Maybe as Christmas presents.

Tin

GoPro...showing secret stashes to the world on Youtube since 2004. These things have led me to some amazing areas.

dlague

GoPro...showing secret stashes to the world on Youtube since 2004. These things have led me to some amazing areas.

That is a good one! And a good point - don't tell HS! He will want to unplug Youtube!

Tin

That man is lucky to have knee ligaments left. Some serious twist there.

Hey HS, how about more videos like this?

fbrissette

Shaky cam stash videos.....love it

No electronic image stabilisation. FAIL !!!

This is the most useful thing for a POV cam. Not 4k at 30p, not a LCD viewfinder. Unless they were unable to properly implement it, it makes no sense that they overlooked a feature that has been standard for a couple of years on other POVs.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

I have the original gopro, and I have wanted to punt it across the mountain for randomly corrupting my sd card, or losing my settings.

4k at 15fps is pretty much useless, I do not even see the point of having that in the 3+ except for still pics

I need to look I to an imagine stabilization camera. The 3 and 3+ should be more than enough gopro for most users, the sale of the 4 should make more 3+'s and other POV cameras show up on eBay for a good bargain.

woofydoggie

Im Dancing for joy! Finally the go pro clones don't look as good as a deal, but the entry level could have better stats, but can't beat the price!