• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

J.P Auclair, one of the original newschoolers dies in an avalanche

mriceyman

Damn shame.. Never know when its going to go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Are favorite video segment was his street scene fro the Sherpas movie All I Can! RIP

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Cannonball

Looks like Liz Daley was among those lost this week too (separate incident). Phenomenal splitboarder and climbing pro/guide.

These were some of the greats. JP and the New Canadian Airforce completely redefined skiing at the time. To me, that time (and JP specifically) was the turning point that started the resurrection of skiing.

The completely political thread running now running 21 pages on this board about the 'future of skiing' is irrelevant. It's individuals like JP Auclair who have the ability to change the face of skiing and create a future for the sport.

Last edited:

fbrissette

Looks like Liz Daley was among those lost too. Phenomenal splitboarder and climbing pro/guide.

These were some of the greats. JP and the New Canadian Airforce completely redefined skiing at the time. Too me, that time (and JP specifically) was the turning point that started the resurrection of skiing.

The completely political thread running now running 21 pages on this board about the 'future of skiing' is irrelevant. It's individuals like JP Auclair who have the ability to change the face of skiing and create a future for the sport.

These guys are part of the reason we got back into skiing after my son was born. They, along with others, completely redefine skiing.