• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Liftopia has finally done it!

wa-loaf

Looking at a few of the sample prices I saw it looks like a huge jump from value to value plus. But still under window so that's cool.

watkin

Reading the fine print, yes you can change the dates, but if you change it to a more expensive day, say a holiday, you will have to pay the difference. And, not all mt's are offering the flex tickets.

Its still an improvement tho, as I've lost out on days before because something came up last minute.

dlague

Flexible dates!

What do you guys think? I just got the email about it!

www.liftopia.com

View attachment 13835

Conceptually good since I have argued with them in the past and subsequently used them less. The bump up varies from resort to resort and some resort do not provide you the option. And they have a disclaimer that you may have to pay a difference of the day you use it is more expensive than what you paid. It will get crazy for them and the ski areas with all those people that will try to work it!

trackbiker

I definitely will be more likely to use them with the value plus option. Depending of course on what the up-charge is.
There are times I have been on a long ski weekend without access to a printer. I didn't want to buy and print a ticket on a Thursday that I wasn't planning to use until Monday especially if the weather was iffy.

Evmo

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys! This was a result of years of feedback from customers (who have said they'd be willing to pay more for more flexibility) and from resorts (who said they'd be willing to give more flexibility in exchange for higher prices).

We'll be fine tuning the formula that yields the price points as the season moves to ensure we can continue to offer the flexibility in a way that remains beneficial for the resorts as well. As Benedict mentioned this is something that in concept is very straightforward, but what we have built takes into account that it is not that having different prices works, it is having the right prices. We are using the data coming into the platform to continue to refine that so the balance of value for customers/resorts remains positive for both sides.

Looking forward to some snow!

skiNEwhere

I've never really been able to find good deals on liftopia for CO. They usually bundle in something I don't want with it, like lift ticket + rental gear or lift ticket + $20 dining voucher.

I just care about the skiing, man!

BenedictGomez

If I'm going with Liftopia it's usually for their rock bottom price on a day I am committed to skiing, rain or shine.

I might be the atypical consumer, but my Liftopia purchases have generally been on good last minute deals. Maybe I'm skiing tomorrow or the next day, and I pull the trigger somewhat last minute.