• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Liftopia has finally done it!

ScottySkis

I think this will be a very good thing . I see my self using them more this winter then in the past.

jimk

I might be the atypical consumer, but my Liftopia purchases have generally been on good last minute deals. Maybe I'm skiing tomorrow or the next day, and I pull the trigger somewhat last minute.
Mine are generally pretty late in the ball game too, but sometimes if I see a really good deal (3 day ticket at MRG for $74, Mar 2013) I'll buy it a couple weeks in advance to make sure it doesn't go away.

One time in Colorado my plans changed unexpectedly and I showed up at Copper Mtn with a two-day Liftopia ticket. I went to Guest Services and asked if I could trade it for two one-day tickets to use that same day by two of us and they approved it. :thumbup:

Anybody miss out buying a good Liftopia deal because "stock" ran out?

dlague

Yes. I've missed the boat before when they had low inventory.

Has already happened to me this year! Bolton Valley has $18 lift tickets on Liftopia for Christmas Day and saw it last week. Talked about with the wifey yesterday and "Poof!" -gone. Ragged had $25 tickets for the same day and they are now $32 (still not bad).

Problem with both of those ski areas is they tend to open up slowly and by Christmas they could still be very limited, hence the hesitation. I would ski Cannon but they close on Christmas.

VTKilarney

Anybody miss out buying a good Liftopia deal because "stock" ran out?
I see prices go up all of the time. I've never understood people who think that the best deals are last minute deals. My experience has been quite the opposite.

dlague

I have capture some last minute deals purchase the night before and it worked out. I could not tell you if the were cheaper weeks earlier though.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I have capture some last minute deals purchase the night before and it worked out. I could not tell you if the were cheaper weeks earlier though.

I think we're in the same boat. My Liftopia purchases are on last minute deals, and I honestly couldnt even tell you how good the Liftopia deals are 3 weeks or 2 months forward, because personally I wouldn't buy a lift ticket for a given area that far in advance.

I go where the snow is. That means on January 31, 2015, I have no idea whether I'll be skiing n.VT, ADK, or the Catskills on February 21, 2015.

Domeskier

Now if only they could get Sundown on board! Not that I won't gladly pay full freight for 8 hours on Satan's stairmaster!

p_levert

OK Mr. Liftopia, I have a question. Suppose that I buy a modify-once ticket to Killington for 3/1/15. In mid-Feb, I realize that 3/1 doesn't work for me any more. So I call in to cancel 3/1. Will I have to pick another date right away, or can I decide that alternative date later on??