• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

arapahoe vs loveland

steamboat1

Copper already started blowing snow. Read it's for the U.S. ski team so I don't know if they'll be the first to open to the public but they very well may be the first to have lift serviced skiing.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes, it is snowing in our mountains as well. The last front brought much colder temps.

Domeskier

The main event is, of course, which skier-only mountain will be first to open. My money is on DV!

skiNEwhere

I saw coppers Facebook page showing they were blowing snow. I do think that is kind of misleading though, they are not scheduled to open until October 31, damn Cummings at it again

Puck it

I saw coppers Facebook page showing they were blowing snow. I do think that is kind of misleading though, they are not scheduled to open until October 31, damn Cummings at it again
They did this last year too for the US ski team.

skiNEwhere

Top of Copper as of 15 minutes ago http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/the_mountain/mountain_webcams/Excelerator/index.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• copper.png
    copper.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 201

snoseek

Looking like my first turns of 14-15 season will be at Loveland in a few weeks passing by.

skiNEwhere

After being closed the month of September for annual lift maintenance Timberline is now open for skiing again. Does that count?

I saw that. While I'd definitely ski there if I lived in Oregon, I don't think you can be considered part of the "race" if you don't have to blow a single flake.