a seperate politics subforum??Can we?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

a seperate politics subforum??Can we?

First off I ave one key broken on my keyboard....its tat one lol.

Lately it seems like a lot of politics on ski/snowboard. I do not login in to be enlightened on political beliefs....its super lame, you've got your ideas...I got mine. No one is going to give anyone a cookie and no one is going to switc beliefs. In proper context I can see it some....but its always te same people trying derail it all into a political circlejerk.

I propose we make a place for discussions of politics/religion/govt and keep ski and snowboard strictly about ski and snowboard. Again in context articles linked ect....

Anyone else wit me?

Ding ding ding ding
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I could see politics seeping into the regular forum.

"I'm against cannon being state owned"

"You would think that you libtard" or something along those lines

I know what you're saying though. I stopped checking those 2 other political discussions a day or two ago because of how asinine they were getting
    2017/2018 Days

A-Basin - 10/13

Loveland Pass - 10/6

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Political discussion has little or no place here.

We don't allow it. not sure which thread you are referring to, but we should have caught that.

Political discussions get irrationally heated and sooner or later someone gets offended. Then the complaints get directed to the mods. Please don't do it.

paging benedictgomez......I'll call it out ere and now. dudes like rainman for politics.....

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Political discussion has little or no place here.

We don't allow it. not sure which thread you are referring to, but we should have caught that.

Political discussions get irrationally heated and sooner or later someone gets offended. Then the complaints get directed to the mods. Please don't do it.
    Actually, I've seen some political discussions in several threads and personally I have let them go to see if folks could handle it. So far so good. I'd be open for allowing it, but I do understand the history as to why we have discouraged such discussion.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Actually, I've seen some political discussions in several threads and personally I have let them go to see if folks could handle it. So far so good. I'd be open for allowing it, but I do understand the history as to why we have discouraged such discussion.

But its not even an interesting discussion, just a circular debate.

It creates traffic, sure...create its own place and keep it tere.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    But its not even an interesting discussion, just a circular debate.

It creates traffic, sure...create its own place and keep it tere.
    True.

I do recall that one of our primary concerns was keeping this focused on skiing and outdoors sports. I support that idea but confess that we've had some political discussions in the context of those threads.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I'll be the first to admit I've often sucked at policing myself from not participating in political debates. I'm against the idea of having politics discussed here. Plenty of other places on the internet to have such discussions. It's clearly the agenda of some members here to crow bar in politics whenever they can.

Cannonball called that out today and he's right.

I don't think such discussions add anything to the forums.

We're not gonna have a forum completely without politics. I'd like to see it in its own subforum instead of creeping its way into the main threads. As others have said, its boring and unfair for us non-political members to have fun skiing threads hijacked by internet politicians.

I'm all for a political subforum. Maybe make it an invite-only, police yourself, no outside involvement type of thing.
    2016-2017 61 Days and holding...
    Killington: 11/7, 12/10, 1/19, 2/17, 3/19, 3/25, 3/26, 4/1, 4/2, 4/16 Okemo: 12/11, 2/5 Berkshire East: 12/30 Jiminy Peak: 12/23 Magic: 1/26, 2/16 Sundown: 3/10 Stratton: 3/12 Pico: 3/18 Bellayre: 3/15
    Mount Snow: 11/24, 12/12, 12/17, 1/1, 1/24, 1/28, 3/11 Mohawk: 1/6, 1/13, 1/27, 2/3, 2/9, 2/24
    Thunder Ridge: 12/18, 12/24, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/31, 1/2, 1/7, 1/8, 1/14, 1/15, 1/16, 1/21, 1/22, 1/29, 2/4, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/12, 2/18, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/25, 2/26, 3/4, 3/5, 3/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Thread Information