• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Game On!

dlague

Game off.

Temps have been above freezing, even at the summit of Loveland and A-Basin, for the last 2-3 days. Temps might scratch freezing the next few days, might not be enough to turn the guns back on though.

'Tis October, so I'm not that surprised.

I am in Denver and yesterday is was in the low 80's and toady it will be near 80.

Also never realized how flat it looks around Denver. Flew in at night and woke up to see mountains and looking east from my room there were no mountains in sight. Putting it in perspective it is 5000' up!

Smellytele

I am in Denver and yesterday is was in the low 80's and toady it will be near 80.

Also never realized how flat it looks around Denver. Flew in at night and woke up to see mountains and looking east from my room there were no mountains in sight. Putting it in perspective it is 5000' up!

Denver is the beginning of the plains. It actually seems flatter than Kansas.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Also never realized how flat it looks around Denver.
This is one reason why I have always felt that Denver is one of the most overrated cities. You can say that it's the "beginning" or "end" of the plains, but what you can't deny is that it IS the plains.

skiNEwhere

This is one reason why I have always felt that Denver is one of the most overrated cities. You can say that it's the "beginning" or "end" of the plains, but what you can't deny is that it IS the plains.

Not sure what that has to do with being over or under rated

VTKilarney

Not sure what that has to do with being over or under rated
I find the plains to be a depressing place to live. And while it is close to great skiing, the traffic is horrible and the drive is no walk in the park. Just my personal preference - and very likely not that of others.

skiNEwhere

I'll be there as well.

Holy WROD! I just took this from their webcam. I really hope they are going to fill in the 10 feet on each side or this will be a massacre.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1413493720.960280.jpg

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
^ yeah, I was actually talking with one of my girlfriend and we would have loved to get up and skin at like 6:30 but they called no uphill access which totally makes sense but i'm not all that stoked to wait in line and then try to avoid getting killed on the first day.

PS. We have beach spot #1 reserved - feel free to say hi! :)

skiNEwhere

I'll make sure I stop by. I'm not sure how crowded it will be, last year on the 3rd day they were open I was there and there was only a 2 minute line when they opened the lift. You may be able to get 1 or 2 runs in before the masses show. After 2 hours the line were 30 minutes+

The slope(not slopes) was packed too, and that was with full border to border snow coverage. Didn't matter if you were one foot from the side of the trail, there was no safe place to stop.

BenedictGomez

It's amazing how a WROD can look so beautiful this time of year, but so positively disgusting any other time of year.