• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ebola

bigbog

Probably sweat, mixed with microscopic bits of blood...(just a guess). Appears that not very many hospitals have been rehearsing the scenario. Main carrier #1 walks right into the ER..:roll:?? Has anyone here seen a vacuum suit in the ER....?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Has anyone here seen a vacuum suit in the ER....?

No. And I spent one week a month working in the ER for the past two years. We did have an isolation room in the ER, but that was used mainly for psych patients freaking out.

SkiFanE

Probably sweat, mixed with microscopic bits of blood...(just a guess). Appears that not very many hospitals have been rehearsing the scenario. Main carrier #1 walks right into the ER..:roll:?? Has anyone here seen a vacuum suit in the ER....?

The pharmacists in my office (one has BS in Biology from MIT) were discussing this. It's not "airborne" as in it lives and travels by air. But if virus is attached to a chunk of something and flown through the air and lands on you, yeah...it's possible. They also heard the Texas ebola victim vomited on the sidewalk before going to hospital...nice discussion on how long virus would last on vomit on a texas sidewalk (depends on contents of vomit, temperature of sidewalk...etc..). Interesting stuff lol.

I work in a boston hospital, and we are "prepared"...but that means as soon as it's known the patient has it...it's that timeframe when noone yet knows that worries me. Every big hospital is prepared for all types of precautions. Just glad my office is a few blocks from hospital lol.

bigbog

......I work in a boston hospital, and we are "prepared"...but that means as soon as it's known the patient has it...it's that timeframe when noone yet knows that worries me. Every big hospital is prepared for all types of precautions. Just glad my office is a few blocks from hospital lol.

Exactly! Hearing them being flown into the knowledgeable and prepared environs of Boston's hospitals would've had me feeling a LOT more comfortable... What I heard of Dallas...:-o, oviously a non-professional reaction...but of all places..with southern leisurely manner of handling some things....&$%(($)Y$)#.. I may be going overboard a bit, and not saying it is...but this is the way terrorism has its best chances...imho.

Last edited: