• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ebola

SkiFanE

My one hospital is having 200 training classes over the next 2 weeks to train people how to put equipment off/on. It's a very tricky process - and buddies are required. CEO came to my dept for lunch last week and described the process and how it requires continual practice to develop the muscle memory to do it correctly...especially when the time comes. My hospital took some of the Logan patients a week or two ago - which they gave them practice for the process.

But from a work perspective...all the clinical educators doing this training I rely on to do my job...so they are hard to meet with - so stuff doesn't get done as easily. And nevermind the amount of hours the RNs/MDs/Techs are spending in these 200 classes...all in my one hospital. Ebola is a billion dollar industry lmao. It's nutso!

53206385.jpg

Attachments

• 53206385.jpg
    53206385.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 55

SkiFanE

But see...this is just lame... he is a former Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee...so I think he may just know a little bit about other countries... :p

Two can play that silly game.

Difference is this guy actually is the Vice President.

attachment.php

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
NY Doctor test positive.......WTF should be a manditory 30 day Quarenteen for anyone who works with patients.
De ja vu.
With Flu season coming maybe some out there will at least wash there hands...so hype can't be all bad.

moresnow

NY Doctor test positive.......WTF should be a manditory 30 day Quarenteen for anyone who works with patients.
De ja vu.
With Flu season coming maybe some out there will at least wash there hands...so hype can't be all bad.
This should be an interesting flu season. Can't wait for everyone to come down with Ebola like symptoms and freak out.

Edd

It certainly seems like more care should have been taken when he returned but I'm not privy to all of the details.

Everything below is a comment regarding the doctor from Gawker:

If you do not want to contract ebola, then:

1) Do not have sex with Dr. Spencer until such time as he is no longer contagious.

2) Do not ask Dr. Spencer to spit into your mouth or eyes.

3) Do not drink Dr. Spencer's blood or rub your open wounds on Dr. Spencer.

4) Do not lick sweat off of Dr. Spencer or drink his urine.

5) Do not ingest any of Dr. Spencer's vomit or feces.

If you refrain from any of these things, you should be able to avoid contracting ebola from Dr. Spencer.

Ebola has been studied extensively for several decades and its transmission vectors are well-known. Ebola is transmittable through direct bodily fluids only and only when the viral load is high enough. At that level, the patient displays symptoms of infection. If the patient is asymptomatic, then the viral load is insufficient to be generally transmissible.

Ebola is not airborne and cannot be contracted merely by breathing the same air as someone with Ebola, even if that person is symptomatic. Contrary to what you may have read in "The Hot Zone" (a terrible and inaccurate sensationalized account of one strain of Ebola) or what you may have seen in "Outbreak" (a terrible Dustin Hoffman movie loosely inspired by "The Hot Zone"), Ebola is difficult to contract and will not liquify your guts and/or make you bleed out of your eyeballs.

The four cases diagnosed in the United States all share one thing in common: all four people contracted Ebola by having prolonged contact with symptomatic Ebola patients while treating those patients.

If you are not a healthcare worker actively treating a symptomatic Ebola patient, your chances of contracting Ebola are exceedingly slim. Given that New York City is 469 square miles, it is worth noting that Dr. Spencer only salivates, vomits, bleeds, poops, and/or urinates in certain locations within those 469 square miles.

If you can avoid sharing the same lollipops, bagels, coffee mugs, toilets and syringes as Dr. Spencer, you'll be fine. If at all possible, do not lick the same subway pole that Dr. Spencer has just urinated on.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
It certainly seems like more care should have been taken when he returned but I'm not privy to all of the details.

Everything below is a comment regarding the doctor from Gawker:

If you do not want to contract ebola, then:

1) Do not have sex with Dr. Spencer until such time as he is no longer contagious.

2) Do not ask Dr. Spencer to spit into your mouth or eyes.

3) Do not drink Dr. Spencer's blood or rub your open wounds on Dr. Spencer.

4) Do not lick sweat off of Dr. Spencer or drink his urine.

5) Do not ingest any of Dr. Spencer's vomit or feces.

If you refrain from any of these things, you should be able to avoid contracting ebola from Dr. Spencer.

Ebola has been studied extensively for several decades and its transmission vectors are well-known. Ebola is transmittable through direct bodily fluids only and only when the viral load is high enough. At that level, the patient displays symptoms of infection. If the patient is asymptomatic, then the viral load is insufficient to be generally transmissible.

Ebola is not airborne and cannot be contracted merely by breathing the same air as someone with Ebola, even if that person is symptomatic. Contrary to what you may have read in "The Hot Zone" (a terrible and inaccurate sensationalized account of one strain of Ebola) or what you may have seen in "Outbreak" (a terrible Dustin Hoffman movie loosely inspired by "The Hot Zone"), Ebola is difficult to contract and will not liquify your guts and/or make you bleed out of your eyeballs.

The four cases diagnosed in the United States all share one thing in common: all four people contracted Ebola by having prolonged contact with symptomatic Ebola patients while treating those patients.

If you are not a healthcare worker actively treating a symptomatic Ebola patient, your chances of contracting Ebola are exceedingly slim. Given that New York City is 469 square miles, it is worth noting that Dr. Spencer only salivates, vomits, bleeds, poops, and/or urinates in certain locations within those 469 square miles.

If you can avoid sharing the same lollipops, bagels, coffee mugs, toilets and syringes as Dr. Spencer, you'll be fine. If at all possible, do not lick the same subway pole that Dr. Spencer has just urinated on.

Addendum;
All above does not apply if you are a cameraman.
Or contract the disease from a rat that has bathed in Dr Spencer's bodily fluids

Funky_Catskills

How we all feeling today?
I rode a bunch of planes recently... And I have a cough...

How long do I have to live here? We talking days or weeks?

Funky_Catskills

Science!!!!!!! :)

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—There is a deep-seated fear among some Americans that an Ebola outbreak could make the country turn to science.

In interviews conducted across the nation, leading anti-science activists expressed their concern that the American people, wracked with anxiety over the possible spread of the virus, might desperately look to science to save the day.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fear-ebola-outbreak-make-nation-turn-science