• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ebola

Puck it

Reports of patient in DC now with symptoms. This is has the potential to get out of control. I would not want to travel now.

When are they going to lock the flights out of these countries completely? I know there are other ways out but flights have the ability to infect a lot of people fast.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• By0lUy8IQAAXPcu.png
    By0lUy8IQAAXPcu.png
    99 KB · Views: 275

skiNEwhere

Perfect solution

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1412355038.806770.jpg

Not to mention, if you get caught in an avalanche you would probably survive for at least a day or two in it.

Rikka

I don't understand why the USA and other countries are still flying in and out these hot spots that have Ebola. Just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

I don't understand why the USA and other countries are still flying in and out these hot spots that have Ebola. Just crazy.

I know. What keeps another idiot from lying? There is pressure coming to stop them though.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I definitely think there should be flight restrictions going to and coming from west Africa until they get that crap under control.

skiNEwhere

Has the US said anything about setting up health checkpoints on inbound international flights? Seems like the next logical step if flights are not going to be temporarily suspended.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Honestly, I think the onus should be on the West African nations who have a problem in restricting their people from leaving; not from the US playing goalie.

It would be a monumental task to play goalie because you would need the assistance and cooperation from other nations. That guy came here via a connection in Brussels.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Honestly, I think the onus should be on the West African nations who have a problem in restricting their people from leaving; not from the US playing goalie.

It would be a monumental task to play goalie because of you'd need the assistance and cooperation from other nations. That guy came here via a connection in Brussels.

Keyword being should. The guy in Dallas came from Liberia and lied on his exit documents, leaving US citizens at risk.

The cost of a US outbreak is way too high.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Keyword being should. The guy in Dallas came from Liberia and lied on his exit documents, leaving US citizens at risk.

The cost of a US outbreak is way too high.

Agreed. Problem is, people bring illegal s#1+ into this country all the time, inspections or not. That's how we got all these predators who have no natural enemies, invasive species. It would be a logistical nightmare to test everyone entering the country.

Rikka

Ding ding ding there it is. like anything else Commerse trumps human being.

Funky_Catskills

I think they'll catch it before you die..

I survived flying back and forth from Asia and Europe during the bird flu thing...
Countries setup scanners to check your temp as you walked through the airport...
People were careful... i was careful...

Nobody want to get sick.. But thats what happens... You get sick... You get treated.. You get better...

I'm not about to panic..

Last edited:

hammer

I think they'll catch it before you die..

I survived flying back and forth from Asia and Europe during the bird flu thing...
Countries setup scanners to check your temp as you walked through the airport...
People were careful... i was careful...

Nobody want to get sick.. But thats what happens... You get sick... You get treated.. You get better...

I'm not about to panic..

I thought that screening was/is in place now.

The guy in Dallas was reported to just be here visiting. Biggest transgression he made was not reporting that he had contact with someone who had Ebola, and it's not clear to me that he was intentionally lying.

The bigger worry I have is about screw-ups like what the ER staff in Dallas did. If someone from West Africa or who has been to West Africa in the past month shows up at an ER with so much as a sniffle they should be immediately quarantined and tested for Ebola. If this had happened I think the risk of others getting the disease would be greatly reduced. Ebola's really not easy to catch as long as one takes reasonable precautions...

FWIW I have travel plans overseas in the near future and I have no worries about Ebola...at least no more than I do about ISIS...