The 2014-2015 TJ MAXX & Marshalls thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Cloudveil

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Re: Cloudveil

I have not seen any of their stuff lately. L9 used to carry a lot of their overstock items at ridiculously low prices.
    Yes they did have some cloudveil gear on that site but the company went downhill after cloudveil moved out of Jackson Hole and was sold by owner Steve Sullivan to a company out of Swampscott Ma, yes Swampscott. I think the company that bought them is mostly a sailing/water sports Co. That's why you don't see much of their stuff around. The guy that originally sold the company started another company out of Jackson called Stio, pretty quality type stuff

Hard to say how much STP is affecting in store merchandise.

I hate shopping for clothing online or from a catalog unless it is for something i already own or checked out in a store. I end up buying stuff i didn't intend to buy, stuff which i otherwise would have passed over online when i come across the physical thing in these discount stores.

Some locations just don't get much of the good stuff of anything.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno1 View Post
    Yes they did have some cloudveil gear on that site but the company went downhill after cloudveil moved out of Jackson Hole and was sold by owner Steve Sullivan to a company out of Swampscott Ma, yes Swampscott. I think the company that bought them is mostly a sailing/water sports Co. That's why you don't see much of their stuff around. The guy that originally sold the company started another company out of Jackson called Stio, pretty quality type stuff
    Interesting. That explains two things--why so much Cloudveil stuff was "dumped" a few years back at cheap prices and where Stio came from. IMHO Stio is OK, but very pricey.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

It is a pricey but if it's quality gear and a great warranty I don't mind to much. Arc'teryx is my personal favorite and they have a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

...i'll do pricey (not MSRP pricey), if a last option for fit, form and function. I can't deal with uncomfortable neck lines, thats the worst, and sleeve seams riding up my pits, especially so when it comes to layering!

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by 〽❄❅ View Post
    ...i'll do pricey (not MSRP pricey), if a last option for fit, form and function. I can't deal with uncomfortable neck lines, thats the worst, and sleeve seams riding up my pits, especially so when it comes to layering!
    To be fair I've only read their catalog but not seen anything in person.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

...was a generalization, i never heard of Stio.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by 〽❄❅ View Post
    ...was a generalization, i never heard of Stio.
    😄

No, I started getting their catalogs a few years ago. Saw they were in J-Hole and thought that it seemed odd because J-Hole had Cloudveil. I thought that the town was too small for two companies.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I bought a Helly Hansen Motion Jacket at the Northborough store for $199. They only had green but I happen to like green.
    Nice jacket though, HH's version of G-Tex, Prima Loft insulation, thumb loops, detachable hood.

So glad I found this thread. The snow event at TJX stores has slowly disappeared. Now I know why - STP! I use to be able to dress the family hunting each location. Afraid to dress the kid from STP on line - just growing too fast. Oh well, plan B is on. Happy Trails...
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    This is the thread where we post the annual deals at TJ MAXX and Marshalls (same ownership FYI).

Please post WHICH location the deal you found is located at, and the price. Happy Hunting!

Thread Information