• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Doesn't this look patently offensive?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just took my daughter to the playground and saw a guy walking around with his wife and kid. He was wearing this shirt:

tshirt_leftoverc_worldt.jpg

I almost said something but thought better of it. I'm all for the First Amendment but this seems pretty over the top. Several thousand innocent folks died that day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

moresnow

Punks. It's the way they roll.

Might not be in good taste, but I am glad he is allowed wear stuff like that.

Edd

Playground seems like an inappropriate venue for shirts with F bombs.

mriceyman

First amendment is great and part of our country.. Until you wear a shirt thats says fuck and basically has a pic of people dying while at a playground. Wear that to a dive bar or something to that effect

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

I don't even get it, can't really see it too well on my phone though.

I doubt there is a person here who thinks this is in good taste....If it's any conciliation, I bet he's already on the NSA watchlist

ctenidae

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I reserve the right to call you an asshole, though.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Total A-hole and it's a public sign that you are an idiot. however, yeah I don't know if you can really ban it or anything in a public place? But still I feel like kids should be able to play in a playground not polluted by dipshits. but who knows. that's life I guess.

I remember I went to ground zero in 2005 or so, on 9/11 for a memorial ceremony for my wife's friend who died in United Flight 175 with her boyfriend. We were walking around Ground Zero and there were several "truthers" there with huge signs screaming about how it was in inside job etc. etc. I think it's a bunch of bullshit, however I get that they have the "right" to have their conspiracy theries. But what irked me is that there is a time and place for everything and on the anniversary of 9/11 when lots of families are there to remember their loved ones isn't the place for pickets and protests. For families that lost someone , it's so much more personal. It's not about politics, or buildings, or war, but the loss of someone that they loved.

I dunno. IMO. Guy with shirt is a jerk :)

bvibert

Staff member
But what irked me is that there is a time and place for everything and on the anniversary of 9/11 when lots of families are there to remember their loved ones isn't the place for pickets and protests. For families that lost someone , it's so much more personal. It's not about politics, or buildings, or war, but the loss of someone that they loved.

Yup, some people just have no class.

Rikka

No class absolutely. The unintelligent are propagating faster than the smart folks......man just makes you sad.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

No class absolutely. The unintelligent are propagating faster than the smart folks......man just makes you sad.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Truth! I say we have a new Lottery, prize is "Free All Expense month long vacation to West Africa".

jack97

fwiw, there are economist who have documented where world trade or globalization has ruin local industries through out the world. Furthermore, it allows the wealthy countries to use predatory tactics to hold hostage the weaker economies.

That said, it does not justify the no class symbolism that t-shirt represent nor does it pay any respect to the men and women who fought to uphold the freedom he/she has to wear that t-shirt