• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posterized!

jimk

Posterized. This has probably been done before on here, but anybody care to post the best photo they have of themselves skiing, no matter how new or old? Maybe the photo isn't that great, but triggers a great memory. I ski like a farmer with a load in his pants, but I take a lot of pictures of friends/family and have captured some fun shots. Here are a few. Show us what you got!

Good friend on one of my snowiest days ever at Blue Knob, PA
4c9fceb8e7162.jpg

A friend from VT on Paradise at MRG
mike mrg.jpg

Another friend near Bubblecuffer at Sugarloaf, ME
mdf sugarloaf pow.jpg

Tried to keep this to the East, but here's one of my son on High Rustler at Alta, UT
4d35de2e90e1e.jpg

Unknown snowboarder at Whiteface, NY

Attachments

• whiteface skyward.jpg
    whiteface skyward.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 312

Smellytele

I have no pictures of me skiing nor of anyone I know. All the pictures are in my head.
Talking about pictures. I have tons of actual old pictures of old family members and friends pre digital age. I think it is cool to come across an old box of pictures. In the future people will not have this. I know of very few people who print out pictures of anything. I believe like email ruining letter writing by no one ever seeing them again, digital photography is ruining the future of viewing photos. Maybe I am just old and waxing poetic for days gone by but it seems to be where we are heading.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Good thread. I don't really have any "great" pictures of myself either. So that's why my profile pic is a seliie from the lift hahaha.

I'm still too much of a wuss to take my DSLR out on the slopes and even then it would be me taking pictures not pics of me. Wah.

I do have a few OK ones from Brian at previous summits but nothing that really looks like how I feel when I'm skiing (lol).

wa-loaf

I'll play. None of these are really that great, but it's the best I've got.

Heavenly
attachment.php

The Loaf
attachment.php

Burke
attachment.php

Attachments

• Heavenly.jpg
    Heavenly.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 590
  • Loaf.jpg
    Loaf.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 583
  • burke.jpg
    burke.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 588

jimk

Same good balanced form in every pic Wa-Loaf!

I have no pictures of me skiing nor of anyone I know. All the pictures are in my head.
Talking about pictures. I have tons of actual old pictures of old family members and friends pre digital age. I think it is cool to come across an old box of pictures. In the future people will not have this. I know of very few people who print out pictures of anything. I believe like email ruining letter writing by no one ever seeing them again, digital photography is ruining the future of viewing photos. Maybe I am just old and waxing poetic for days gone by but it seems to be where we are heading.
My brother digitized some old family ski photos from 70's. When I've posted some on the net they often get a nice reception. Also, you might want to digitize them for posterity in case the real photographs fade or get lost.
Jim, I will add that your Avatar photo is a very good one of you!! My Avatar is one of the best powder shots that I've ever seen of me! lol.
When there is so much snow in the photo that it's hard to find the human - you know it was a good day!

Smellytele

My brother digitized some old family ski photos from 70's. When I've posted some on the net they often get a nice reception. Also, you might want to digitize them for posterity in case the real photographs fade or get lost.

My issue is that yes this generation has all these digitized pictures but where will they be in 50, 60, a 100 years from now?

mriceyman

My wife has an app called groove book. U transfer 100 pics a month to the app and the send u a booklet with the pics. Cheap way to still get some pics in print.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1412610223.870748.jpg
You can see a little of me here after a dump last year at stratton

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

The only ones I get are by the Kton Sharoshooters and poach them from the website.

Striking a HS pose with the non mandatory GS turn.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Killington3.jpg
    Killington3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 434

BenedictGomez

My wife has an app called groove book. U transfer 100 pics a month to the app and the send u a booklet with the pics. Cheap way to still get some pics in print.

Define "cheap", please.

<------- Cheapskate

People have tried to take pictures of me but I'm moving too fast. They all come out blurry

GoPro needs to come out with a "TUNA sport" model.

mriceyman

Define "cheap", please.

<------- Cheapskate

GoPro needs to come out with a "TUNA sport" model.

2.99 a month. Very cheap. Comes with perforated edges so they can rip out.. Heres an action shot i found i my mac
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1412611894.843143.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SkiFanE

Last winter, unnamed trail at SR (although I'm sure some can place it) - after about a foot of heavy powder. These are the only pictures ever taken of me skiing...go figure.

First:
attachment.php

then:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 393