• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 2015

wa-loaf

You aren't like most of them when it comes to skiing. It is a long way to the loaf even for me in NH but still go every once and awhile.

There was actually a really large NY contingent at last years summit. I didn't really interact with many of them, but it sure looked like they were having a great time.

catsup948

I will gladly where all the free swag I've won the last three years. The AZ Summit is always worth 5 hour plus drive for me. Black of Maine or Abram on Friday if anyone is interested.

MEtoVTSkier

I think coming from The County you'd be ok with that? Anyway Sugarloaf does put together a hard to beat package. What Nick probably wants to do is continue with the The Loaf and branch out to a second event somewhere.

Yep, if I'm coming from up north, it's a 3hr run or so... but I see enough of the place because of that. I can still be at Killington in 6.5 hours if I'm in the 'County, or less if in RI.

darent

It really is a nice drive, some great diners , stop for some maple syrup, check out the roadside animals. a lot to do in 6 hours to anticipate "O MY GOSH CORNER"

MadMadWorld

I think I'm going to be able to make it this year. It will be a great opportunity to make good on all my "ski off" challenges

bvibert

Staff member
but how about an unsubstantiated rumor, maybe leaked by one of the mods????

Well, Nick told me not to, but I'll leak this little tidbit -

The 2015 Summit will be in August this year. I don't want to give away the location, but lets just say that it's in the southern hemisphere. Nick is working some magic with airfare which should make it comparable to the Sugarloaf summit. I'll let him fill in the rest of the details when he has them!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

The 2015 Summit will be in August this year. I don't want to give away the location, but lets just say that it's in the southern hemisphere. Nick is working some magic with airfare which should make it comparable to the Sugarloaf summit. I'll let him fill in the rest of the details when he has them!

See, that wasn't so hard.

Now I just need to renew my passport...

skiNEwhere

Las Lenas? Portillo? Perisher (I sure hope not)

JimG.

Staff member

Great idea! This will certainly even out the travel issues for some folks.