• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Ski Journal | Glen Plake Signed Issue | 14/15

Wibby

Matt Wibby here with The Ski Journal. I posted a similiar thread on other ski forums and figured I would offer a similiar deal to the Alpine Zone Community.

The first issue of The Ski Journal 2014/2015 winter is now shipping, featuring Glen Plake on the cover and a 22-page article chronicling Plake’s colorful life in his own words, from his Blizzard of Aahhhs years to the New Canadian Air Force to “real” skiing and how he knows Dr. Dre. As a promotion for Alpine Zone, when ordering a paid subscription enter promo code AZ14 at checkout and you will receive a free The Ski Journal Snap Back Hat, a stack of stickers and a Glen Plake-signed copy of The Ski Journal #8.1

The signed issues will ship in late October as Glen is currently in Europe. The hat and stickers will be sent in a timely manner and will arrive days after ordering.

For those that did not read the above, use Promo Code: AZ14

Subscribe at www.theskijournal.com

Thank you for the support. If the post is inappropriate, I will gladly delete.

a5cihf.jpg

2eocwtj.jpg

Wibby

Thank you for the orders Alpine Zone... lots of Plake fans on AZ. We still have another week or so to buy the signed issues. Plenty available.

Matt Wibby here with The Ski Journal. I posted a similiar thread on other ski forums and figured I would offer a similiar deal to the Alpine Zone Community.

The first issue of The Ski Journal 2014/2015 winter is now shipping, featuring Glen Plake on the cover and a 22-page article chronicling Plake’s colorful life in his own words, from his Blizzard of Aahhhs years to the New Canadian Air Force to “real” skiing and how he knows Dr. Dre. As a promotion for Alpine Zone, when ordering a paid subscription enter promo code AZ14 at checkout and you will receive a free The Ski Journal Snap Back Hat, a stack of stickers and a Glen Plake-signed copy of The Ski Journal #8.1

The signed issues will ship in late October as Glen is currently in Europe. The hat and stickers will be sent in a timely manner and will arrive days after ordering.

For those that did not read the above, use Promo Code: AZ14

Subscribe at www.theskijournal.com

Thank you for the support. If the post is inappropriate, I will gladly delete.

a5cihf.jpg

2eocwtj.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
You folks have a great magazine. Plake is a favorite of mine. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Is it really worth $10 a magazine?One year 4 issue for $39.99 or am I confused?

It's hard to say that Ski Journal is a simple magazine, it's more like those glossy collection edition magazines that come out for special events, except this is a ski magazine minus the tons of ads and the same recycled articles year after year.

Grab a copy, browse through it. The stories are more about the skiing culture and soul with amazing photography.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Is it really worth $10 a magazine?One year 4 issue for $39.99 or am I confused?

Ski magazines, as a whole with a couple exceptions (POWDER, Ski Journal, and Backcountry Skiing) have really gone down the toilet. The two main titles--SKI and SKIING are far cries from what they used to be. Ski Journal is more of a coffee table publication as opposed to instant gratification in less than 100 pages (including all the ads).

timm

I'd rather pay the Ski Journal subscription price than get Ski/Skiing for free. Every issue is great and it is the kind of substantial thing you can put in a bookshelf, not read on the toilet and toss in the garbage.

Wibby

I'd rather pay the Ski Journal subscription price than get Ski/Skiing for free. Every issue is great and it is the kind of substantial thing you can put in a bookshelf, not read on the toilet and toss in the garbage.

Great quote. Awesome.

Thank you AZ for the orders. Hats have shipped and signed issues are still a bit out.

Plenty more signed issues available. i will post when we are starting to run low.

Wibby

*update*

Glen has shipped the signed issues to The Ski Journal office. We will turn these around as soon as we can and hope to have signed issues in our readers hands by late next week. Issue #8.2 and #8.2 will go out at the same time. Thank you all for the patience.

and Glen inserted some nice prizes in the issues. Really cool. Stay tuned.

10y3sbq.png

Wibby

*update*

issues are here and we are shipping. Should arrive at AZ Subscribers homes Friday/Saturday.

Thank you all for the patience. We have about 50+ more signed Plake issues, if others would like to join The Ski Journal family.

Each signature is different.

358qgw3.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
*update*

issues are here and we are shipping. Should arrive at AZ Subscribers homes Friday/Saturday.

Thank you all for the patience. We have about 50+ more signed Plake issues, if others would like to join The Ski Journal family.

Each signature is different.

358qgw3.jpg

Thanks! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Wibby

Thank you all at AZ for the orders.

We still have more signed Plake issues, I will post when we run low. For the promo item, the baseball hat is now sold out, instead of the baseball hat, we will ship a free beanie.

2vxocd2.jpg

Wibby

Just renewed my subscription. I was satisfied with my first year. Great magazine.

Thank you for the renewal and support... The Ski Journal has more good stuff in the works for 15/16. Issue #9.1 is at the printer and will be shipping in early September.