• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Glade in New England

Savemeasammy

Did you watch long enough to see him straddle a tree around 1:24?

I saw the one where he straddled TWO trees... Much less injury risk to ones' privates if you do it that way!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

How many times did they almost run into each other. Night tree skiing is extreme. I used to this at Wachusett as a kid

BenedictGomez

Does anyone know if they're are any requirements for accessing their BC terrain? It's not worth the drive IMO if they require transceiver/probe/shovel. Thanks for your help!

Apparently MMW's "out" for the great AZ meetup at Blue Mountain.

Did you watch long enough to see him straddle a tree around 1:24?

Wait, what? (put's on apres-work to do list)

C-Rex

I know that Bracket Basin technically has named runs in it but I'd say the whole area is a favorite. One of the few inbounds places in the east that doesn't get completely tracked out in a day.

Too many at Jay to pick a favorite.

I don't know the name of it but there's a low angle glade at Sunapee that I personally love. It's the first glade I ever rode and I always have a lot of fun in it so it's on my list.

Outside of New England it's a whole different ball game. Any place out west basically wipes the floor with us. I haven't been to enough areas to really say, but the Fawn Ridge area at Kirkwood is fantastic, and most of the areas between trails at Northstar are a perfect blend of pitch, tree spacing and great snow.

catsup948

Thanks for the Black Mountain of Maine honorable mentions! We're an all volunteer group working on our tenth glade (St. John Glade) and this one is going to be an interesting trail. We may not have the steepest and or most technical glades in NE but we do have some of the cleanest that ski well with minimal snowpack.
Tons of terrain to develop on this mountain. Black is a short drive from Sunday River east on RT 2 , gets nearly the same amount of snow, and a sure bet to be open on windy powder days. $15 Fridays, $25 Saturdays and Sundays with 1150 lift served Vert. and more via hiking. http://www.skiblackmountain.org/
View attachment 14044

View attachment 14045

Black Mountain of Maine rocks! Some of the best low angle glades in New England. They hold snow well and have an amazing flow. I look forward to hopefully making it back up there before the summit this year.

Edd

Black Mountain of Maine rocks! Some of the best low angle glades in New England. They hold snow well and have an amazing flow. I look forward to hopefully making it back up there before the summit this year.

I guess I need to try this place. I'm always driving up that direction anyway.

machski

Chutzpah, Hollywood and Celestial at Sunday River. And everything else that is off map.

Many of you will scuff at this (no good terrain, too little snow there.) Yup, all true, stay away.

Mariovntr

I am a big fan of the glades at Jay. This is mostly because of the quality of snow, deepness of it and general atmosphere of the resort. A few of my favorites include Timbuktu, Staircase Glades, Beaver Pond, Andres Paradise and Canyonland. The picture attached to this post was taken a top Canyonland.

Attachments

• 1413854192474.jpg
    1413854192474.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 52

Edd

If you haven't been since it was lengthened top to bottom, try Chutzpah. Fantastic now and Hollywood is also quite long.

Based on location, those both look to be challenging. I've never skied Chutzpah, and Hollywood is new to me.