• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Day on Snow this year - where/when?

dlague

Come on the Stairway to Heaven is good workout!!! I have even skinned back up GN to ride down.

Have done the stairs and yes it is a good calorie burn! However, the lift line is killer on opening day... lots of people on 6 or so runs - Great vibe though!

Who knows - it depends on how much we are josin'!

Puck it

Have done the stairs and yes it is a good calorie burn! However, the lift line is killer on opening day... lots of people on 6 or so runs - Great vibe though!

Who knows - it depends on how much we are josin'!
Just avoid the opening weekend.

Puck it

I'll go out on a limb here & say they will open Wed. or Thurs. next week. Starting Mon. evening night time temperatures look favorable for snowmaking.

The days are not looking to be about 40 at 3559'. I doubt they go for it. I would love it if they did, but not likely. There is no rain in the forecast for the week though.

ScottySkis

K hopefully T day weekend if they can get several ways from top to bottom opened maybe sooner at K or where snow falls early.