• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oil nearly falls below $80 on oversupply

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTKilarney

How I am not surprised that you paint yourself as a victim of the social safety net. You are predictable if nothing else, spewing every scummy right wing tactic.
You know it's bad when someone as abrasive as myself cringes at a comment such as this.

bobbutts

attachment.php

From the board's homophobic moron I take it as a badge of honor.

BenedictGomez

Oh no, vtkilarney doesn't approve of my comment. Maybe I'm just trying to derail this stupid thread.

It's "stupid" because the logic and facts which you're not capable of refuting challenge your extreme left ideology, which you find upsetting, hence your repeated angry lashing out with ad hominem attacks.

It would be far less upsetting for you if you just ignored this thread, and went back to reading Daily Kos, Huffington Post, MediaMatters, or whatever other far-left propaganda you surely read, which will reassuringly spoon-feed you information while omitting key facts in an overly simplistic "we're good, and they're bad, so we must be right" manner, typical of their ilk.

VTKilarney

For me, it's as simple as this. I have an open mind - but I value critical thought. Different types of statements accomplish different goals. Mere puffery does not accomplish the goal of persuasion.

Mariovntr

It's "stupid" because the logic and facts which you're not capable of refuting challenge your extreme left ideology, which you find upsetting, hence your repeated angry lashing out with ad hominem attacks.

It would be far less upsetting for you if you just ignored this thread, and went back to reading Daily Kos, Huffington Post, MediaMatters, or whatever other far-left propaganda you surely read, which will reassuringly spoon-feed you information while omitting key facts in an overly simplistic "we're good, and they're bad, so we must be right" manner, typical of their ilk.

You keep baiting this dude. If you would just shush up and not reply, he would stop. You don't always have to be right or have the last word. I get it, you're from Jersey, but damn, chill already.

fbrissette

And you sir, are the far left. If you guys go any farther than you may meet.

You would be surprised. Believe it or not, you can believe in climate change and not be to the far left. Fiscally I am very conservative. I'm not a big fan of wind energy either. On the other hand I'v yet to see BG express an opinion that is not from the far right.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
You don't like conservatives.

I don't like boredom. And if I wanted to tired "conservative" talking points, I'd just see what was on Drudge today.

I think the only correct responses to "oil falls below $x dollars/barrel" on a ski forum are:

1. Cool, now it's cheaper to get to the mountain
2. Nice, maybe fuel costs for planes will be cheaper so I can take this western trip I've been planning
3. Awesome, maybe that means the U.S. Dollar is stronger so I can check out Europe

And so on.

But arguing about political bullshit is not really the purpose of this site. Aren't there other places you can argue about this?

VTKilarney

It's always an issue for moderators of an internet forum to decide how much latitude to give. I think the moderators here do a good job. But I tend to err on the side of free and open dialog even when I am constantly being reminded that I am an "idiot."

The reality is that it's not our sandbox, so we need to accept whatever it is.

Puck it

You would be surprised. Believe it or not, you can believe in climate change and not be to the far left. Fiscally I am very conservative. I'm not a big fan of wind energy either. On the other hand I'v yet to see BG express an opinion that is not from the far right.

You do not come off that way on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.