• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Excited to try out my new gear this year

prsboogie

I picked up some Q-98s and look bindings that I can't wait to slide around on. Slight change to the boots, not new but adjusted hopefully for a happy new experiance!!:-D

dlague

For me - I picked up a pair of Dynastar Distorters along with Look PX 12 bindings which I am interested in and excited about trying. My wife has a new pair of Dalbello KR 2 Chakra ski boots and waitiing to pull the trigger on skis for her. My son has Salomon Rippers - getting bindings mounted today with Salomon Quest Access 70 ski boots. He plans on switch hitting so he will need new snowboard boots. Everyone likes the new gear and we are primed! Found what I consider great deals - all the above for $837 - all new all 2014.

All online - Skis.com, evo.com and asogear.com

My wife's skis are either going to be Dynastar Exclusive Legend Eden or Rossignol Temptation 88. She also likes Line Celebrity but I think they would hold her back.

dlague

Forgot to mention that I look forward to trying telemark skiing. While the skis and boots are not new - they are new to me! Really excited about giving it a whirl.

My son is going from snowboarding to skiing influenced by chairlift discussions with Cannonball.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I really, really, REALLY want to try tele this year but I just don't know if I will invest in gear or just demo or something.

SkiFanE

I bought new Volkl Speedwell SL skis over the summer, my 98% of the time ski. Have had lots of luck with Volkls, but never tried their SLs before. I've been skiing on Rossi and Head SLs for the last 5 years..til edges are gone on all 3 pairs...forced to make purchase, we'll see...bought them w/o demo or info..but what the heck..I'll get used to them, and doubt they'll chatter like the others at speed.

Also bought new POC goggles. And am about to buy new ski boots, if I like them: Tecnica Mach1 105 - 300 days on my last pair of Tecnica's...it's about time, eh?

JDMRoma

Yes can't wait to try my new Icelantic Keepers and Volkl Gotama's

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Yes can't wait to try my new Icelantic Keepers and Volkl Gotama's

Did you ditch the Soul 7s? Those Keepers are fat. Are you using Goats as a daily driver?

I need a set of pow boards. Demoing pow skis in pow conditions is inconvenient. Consequently, I have no idea what to buy. I tried Soul 7s one day in great conditions at Saddleback but it wasn't powder. I liked them fine but there are so many choices.

JDMRoma

Yes sold the soul7s,great ski just bought them too long
Gotama's will be my daily driver, Keepers for those powder days and my AC 50s for the Icey days / crunchy conditions

Farleyman

Picked up some salomon quest 98s at the end of last season, they were awesome for the soft bumps in the spring, interested in seeing how they hold up as a daily driver. Worst case I'll bust out the old Karmas on icey days

powhunter

Got a good deal on some Cham 97s from suburban sports in Ct. Now just need the Powpuke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powhunter

Didn't demo. Got em based on the reviews and recommendation from Pete (Skidmarks) on AZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannonball

Got a little crazy over the past 6 months. 2 new boards, new boots, new skis, new pants. Plus new (to me) Splitboard that only saw a little action. All that stuff just staring at me...

KevinF

Yeah, there are a few new things in the toy chest:

• K2 Amp Rictor 90's: Was demoing a bunch last season to find a replacement for my Blizzard Magnum 8.5's. These won.
  • Atomic Slalom skis: Found a pair of last years cheap on eBay during the summer. Couldn't resist. Time to channel my inner Mikaela and all that. SL skis make the iciest groomers ever fun.
  • Nordica Patron's: Found a pair at the WaWa ski swap a couple weeks back. They were cheap. We'll see if it ever dumps big enough to bring these things out... Or the next time I head to Altabird.