• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Excited to try out my new gear this year

drjeff

Got out on a pair of Head Rev 90's that I picked up for $100 in an auction at a Make A Wish charity golf tournament in September (having the owners of the ski shop where I buy a majority of my family's gear also run a golf tourney for VT Make A Wish certainly has some added side benefits that I hadn't thought of! ;) ) The model that I bought was Head's 2013 model in a 177 and they were still in the plastic wrap. Since Head hasn't done anything to this ski but change the top skin graphics the last few years, I really can't complain about the cost!

24302-head-2013-rev-90-skis-xl.jpg

I skied them on both machine made packed powder and wind scrape all the way to soft, spring snow last weekend.

LOVED them! Nice and damp and stable at speed, and the more that I went at them, the more they kept delivering. I'll be curious to see how they hold on some bulletproof stuff, but given that they're a pair of Head's, my guess is that they'll do quite alright. The 90mm waist, 136mm tip and 16.6m radius just went through some softer, wet snow piles like nothing. While if I get a real powder day, I'll still likely grab my Bilzzard Cochises, I'm guessing that these Rev 90's will work quite well, even if the tip rocker is just slight verses the dramatic tip rocker of my Cochises.

All in all, this is a solid one ski quiver mid fat offering, especially for the East Coast!

Hawkshot99

Very fun ski. They might not grip the ice quite as good as your Tigersharks, simply because they are a all mtn ski, but are extremely good. The Code series is just as good as the Tigersharks in my opinion.

Was looking at Rail system skis and bindings , What is the improvement over conventional system?

On the Volkl Wide Ride system that is used in this ski, the binding floats on the ski. It is only held in place by a single screw in the center of your foot(you can see the black dot dead center on the left ski in the pic) allowing the heal and toe piece to move slightly. What this does is help eliminate the flat spot underneath your boot when the ski is flexing in a turn.

Cornhead

Thanks Hawkshot99, I considered the Codes, I did demo them, they did feel awfully skinny coming off the Mantras. I thought about getting a dedicated hard snow ski, and some fatties. I think I'll like the RTM's, they seem like a blend of the Tigersharks and Mantras, still like to get a pair of fatties for this fatty.

Can't wait to get out and play with my new sticks. I've been fondling them, admiring their pristine bases, scraping my thumbnails with their razor sharp edges. Soon they'll be battle scarred, just like their owner! I felt sick waxing my Mantras before heading to K, life in the fast lane, and lots of it! They'll make great rock skis.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2