• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Blows (snow!)

Savemeasammy

These are a few pics from their Facebook page. They are just testing, but this is a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Great to see some place laying down a trail of snow making even if it is testing! Question is - could they go for it being further north and open first?

Savemeasammy

Here is quote from their facebook page:

"Thanks to a cold snap we were able to fire up our revamped snowmaking system to lay down some white gold on the summit and Upper Lynx. Water was sent from the base, through the new pumps at the 4th and all the way to top just to give our system a spin. Of course we'd love to say that we're opening soon but with an unfavorable stretch of weather coming up, that will have to wait. The good news is that everything went smoothly with this test and we look forward to the next arrival of freezing temps. Get stoked, winter is coming!
"

Hopefully they will go for it the next time it gets cold enough!

yeggous

I've been playing it cool so far this month, but those pictures put a huge smile on my face. I'm getting very excited, even though I know we are at least a week away from them trying again.

Highway Star

Snowgun in first pic is HKD Impulse, in second and third pic snowlogic.

dlague

Here is quote from their facebook page:

"Thanks to a cold snap we were able to fire up our revamped snowmaking system to lay down some white gold on the summit and Upper Lynx. Water was sent from the base, through the new pumps at the 4th and all the way to top just to give our system a spin. Of course we'd love to say that we're opening soon but with an unfavorable stretch of weather coming up, that will have to wait. The good news is that everything went smoothly with this test and we look forward to the next arrival of freezing temps. Get stoked, winter is coming!
"

Hopefully they will go for it the next time it gets cold enough!

Well that sounds like they plan to compete with early season offerings!

slatham

Well if anyone wondered whether they took last years snowmaking issues to heart.....That is one hell of a "test". Even though I have never skied Wildcat (need to rectify that!) I am happy to see this. Big statement.

dlague

Care to give us a crash course on the differences?

For one the head section is different. One has an arm that extends out with multiple nozzles another set of nozzles blowing above it (disperses a little more) the first one has multiple nozzles lined up vertically.

HDK Snowmakers Impulse
1-impulse1.jpg

Snowlogic
67_expanded_gallery3.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

drjeff

Snowgun in first pic is HKD Impulse, in second and third pic snowlogic.

Peak Resorts was far from a "1 trick pony" with their snowgun purchases this past Summer.

The knowledge that they (Peak) gained from testing of various manufacturers different models of air/water guns at Wildcat last winter was the reasoning behind why you will see a variety of new low-e guns at Peak Resorts this winter, regardless of where the funding source came from. And that's not speculation on my part, but words directly from friends of mine who are high up in the mountain ops ranks of Peak