• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Blows (snow!)

Mariovntr

After seeing the weather forecast for the next week, this is just what I needed to see! October turns at the Beast are not looking good :-/

Newpylong

Jeez that is quite the test. I've skied on Upper Cascade in October at K on less lol.

Now, about that upper Mt lift / mid station :)

C-Rex

Love seeing this. Savemeasammy posted some great pics of people earning turns at Stowe on his FB wall. Winter is coming. (in my best Ned Stark voice.)

I've never been to Wildcat but it's on my hit list this year. I'm thinking about a Cannon/Wildcat/somewhere else weekend.

Dickc

That is more than a test. It looks like they are hoping some of that will survive the upcoming weather event. Nice to see. Wonder how many resort employees got to strap em on and try it out! :daffy: :beer:

yeggous

That is more than a test. It looks like they are hoping some of that will survive the upcoming weather event. Nice to see. Wonder how many resort employees got to strap em on and try it out! :daffy: :beer:

I wish that was realistic. They must know that nothing will survive the next week or so. The forecast looks unseasonably warm for the rest of the month.

It will be interesting to see how aggresive they get. They have the elevation advantage over Sunday River and Bretton Woods. They got the latitude advantage over Killington.

Lately Killington and Sunday River came out early with their upper mountain terrain, but that is not an option for Wildcat. They'd be trying to beat Sunday River or Bretton Woods to be the first top-to-bottom.

Savemeasammy

From the Wildcat conditions report. If they are opening soon, they will have the big guys beat. 2K vert with a HSQ would be sweet.

Wildcat Mountain is currently closed but snowmaking efforts were very productive during our first big run of the system. Snowmaking happened top-to-bottom on the Lynx Trail during the cold snap. Once the cold returns, we’ll get back to laying down snow. If we lose temps at the lower elevations we’ll begin to run on Upper Polecat as Upper Lynx is buried at this point. It looks like we’ll have another decent window of snowmaking during this upcoming weekend and hopefully a little more natural snow on top of it. Our objective remains to open as soon as possible for lift-serviced skiing and riding when we have a quality product on Lynx that can be groomed top-to-bottom. We’ll be starting off with 2,000 vertical feet of skiing! We're just as anxious as you to get back out there and there aren’t many days left until we open.

MadMadWorld

Making snow on another upper mountain trail if the temps are too warm at the base? Thats making lemons out of lemonade! Love hearing this stuff

Savemeasammy

Making snow on another upper mountain trail if the temps are too warm at the base? Thats making lemons out of lemonade! Love hearing this stuff

Agree. Nice job, Wildcat! We are pulling for you.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would guess at this point that they won't open until next weekend though no?

The snow report hasn't been updated since Thursday. If they thought they'd be able to open for tomorrow, I would think they'd be screaming about it on all media platforms to drum up some business.

Maybe they open up mid-week, but I don't think that would make much business since at this point in November.

So, that bums me out as I was hoping to ski Wildcat tomorrow. I'd rather ski Lynx than anything at K or SR. Looks like SR is the play.

yeggous

They might open mid-week with Tuesday being Veterans Day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app