• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Poles?

jack97

I won't use them trying new tricks in the park, one less thing to break/stab myself with. It makes some grabs really fun too.

That being said poles are still important and I think its kind of weird to ski out of the park without them.

I sometime see park rats using clown poles.

Quietman

Hang em on the bar ...1984 Scott old style breakaway grips....Moved onto 5th set of pole this year.

I have a bunch of these and use them often because of this. Many times I ski with unmatched pairs, as long as the lengths are similar, and at least I have a left and right handed grip.
My boots always match, tried skiing last year with 203 rossi 4s's on 1 leg and 167 Volkl's on the other, needless to say that last only for a couple of runs. Poles, if I can hang them on the safety bar and whack my kids asses as I blow past them, I'm good.

Ragman

Hang em on the bar ...1984 Scott old style breakaway grips....Moved onto 5th set of pole this year.

LOL that what I used to do. Back in the day Bristol had a mid-station between upper and lower rocket and you could just hop off. But if you left your poles hanging from the bar and forgot to pull them up at midstation they instantly became much shorter.

Old Duderino

You can also slingshot your snowboarding friends on the flats so they can keep up ...

I could have used someone like you for most of my snowboarding career. Every time I tried to get a slingshot from my wife I'd end up reverse slingshoting her getting both of us stuck on the flats.

Breakout12

I attribute the cause of me tearing my rotator cuff to those style grips.

I used some of those old style grips until very recently. I can think of about 4 or 5 reasons why they are awesome, even superior to other grips, but I too, attributed some aches and pains to their use. Maybe it was the weight of the older poles.