• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Painting your skis

mishka

ski topsheet made from special plastics (to simplify explanation) extremely difficult to bond to and require special treatment to make adhesion possible

granite

Any auto body shop or specialty motorcycle shop could paint your skis about any way you would want them. There is, or was, a ski making company in North Conway that would make you a pair of skis with any graphics that you wanted. I've been thinking about having a body shop paint my ski poles with "chameleon auto paint", this paint changes colors-the multiple colors fad in and out based upon the angle of light.

Puck it

Any auto body shop or specialty motorcycle shop could paint your skis about any way you would want them. There is, or was, a ski making company in North Conway that would make you a pair of skis with any graphics that you wanted. I've been thinking about having a body shop paint my ski poles with "chameleon auto paint", this paint changes colors-the multiple colors fad in and out based upon the angle of light.

Who needs them. We have mishka.

Mildcat

I've been thinking about having a body shop paint my ski poles with "chameleon auto paint", this paint changes colors-the multiple colors fad in and out based upon the angle of light.

Do it yourself and save quite a bit of money. It's easy enough. If you have a spray gun Createx Auto Air makes a fairly cheap product and if you don't have one you can use spray cans. I believe Plasti Dip even makes some so you could keep changing colors.

mishka

automotive paint is not strong enough for skis.
If you want just to cover ugly topsheet then it doesn't matter. If you want your own graphics on the skis and looks good only way to go is custom made skis was your own graphics. Nothing else will withstand the time and abuse we put on the skis. I am ski maker and speaking from experience

Mildcat

automotive paint is not strong enough for skis.
If you want just to cover ugly topsheet then it doesn't matter. If you want your own graphics on the skis and looks good only way to go is custom made skis was your own graphics. Nothing else will withstand the time and abuse we put on the skis. I am ski maker and speaking from experience

The section I quoted he was talking about painting his poles, auto paint would be fine for that.

murff81

I painted my old skis and poles. You can see both in my profile pic.....very easy to do and pretty cheap way to refresh old equipment....I only painted the tops of my skis(obviously...)

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I painted my old skis and poles. You can see both in my profile pic.....very easy to do and pretty cheap way to refresh old equipment....I only painted the tops of my skis

Years ago I was night skiing at my local mole hill, riding the chairlift I saw a visual swoosh effect from someones poles as they cruised down.
later was in the liftline got a closer look , The guy used multicolored electrical tape in alternating pattern.

I did a similar thing with Black and yellow on 2 diffrent poles to make a match.

This year I'm doing a custom black and white paint scheme.
And using my old grips (again)

murff81

hahaha, nice....I didn't realize until I was done but that green paint on my poles is 'glow in the dark'....curious to see if I get any 'glowing'