• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Painting your skis

Ragman

Has anyone ever done this?

I mean with all the crazy graphics the big name brands put on their skis every year I was wondering if anyone ever tried it on their own?

I know my son would go crazy over a pair of skis with CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS on them in simple black and white.

If you have, please show us.

wa-loaf

You used to be able to buy plastic skins to stick to the top of your skis.

RustyGroomer

When I bought these beauties they were painted all black. I basically bought them to "restore" them to their original awesome rad topsheet.
1376647_10202243527953285_486341692_n.jpg

Hawkshot99

I painted a pair of skis this summer. But it was because I was making shot sk is and wanted to decorate them.
It was done with spray paint, and works fine for a shot ski but looks like it wiuld chip off and look horrinle very fast.

moresnow

I painted a pair of skis this summer. But it was because I was making shot sk is and wanted to decorate them.
It was done with spray paint, and works fine for a shot ski but looks like it wiuld chip off and look horrinle very fast.
Chipped spray paint may look bad, but depending on the original graphics it might still be an improvement.

makimono

Last year I painted up the Mach 5 Mono:

Used krylon Fusion for the white base and the red M...made a stick on stencil for the M and sprayed it...the 5 and Spritle & Chim Chim in the trunk are stickers done on an ink-jet printer with clear shipping tape over them, pretty lo-tech and those obviously didn't last past the second day. But the painted part is still perfect and I abused this ski all spring.

Cannonball

Used krylon Fusion for the white base and the red M...made a stick on stencil for the M and sprayed it...the 5 and Spritle & Chim Chim in the trunk are stickers done on an ink-jet printer with clear shipping tape over them, pretty lo-tech and those obviously didn't last past the second day. But the painted part is still perfect and I abused this ski all spring.

The obvious advantage being that you never scratch the topsheet with a cross-up.

skiNEwhere

Thread jack. You ever taken that board to mad River glen? Since mono boarders are so few and far in between I've wondered if they hassle monoboarders about being on a "snowboard"