• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hydeaway Inn-Waitsfield VT

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Are those of us under the age of 70 allowed to play shuffleboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, I'm talking about this kind of shuffleboard:

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1414113637.692310.jpg

I haven't stayed there (just drank and played games), but toured the rooms (comfy beds) and a buddy stayed there. No real issues with families or kids (a couple playing foosball when I was there drinking, but they left around 7:30)

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
WTF. Hell happened? Their burgers and poutine was amazing.

According to their FB page, they are focusing on the bar and lodging experience, and will reopen after Thanksgiving. Pretty quiet around the Valley right now, as its stick season and not much going on.

So the best burger award for me in the Valley goes to Slide Brook. And you can get one after midnight, which is really cool. For "comfort food", highly recommend the Hyde Away (and not just Tuesday nights, either). Smokehouse is good as well, especially for smoked items (pulled pork and such).

ThinkSnow

This place looks like a great value---nicer than some of the others. No bar though which is probably a deal breaker given this is a few guys away from the wife/kids for the wknd

There is a small bar, as the owners do have a liquor license, but everything is in bottles or cans-- no draught.

xwhaler

Booked at the Hydeaway for Mid March---will report back on how it goes. Beer/food menu looks good to me so I'm already looking fwd.

selski

I stayed at the Hyde Away many times. Food is good, rooms are ok. The chicken wings confit are awesome. Bar is fun and you can't beat not having to drive when you are done.

ReefBum

The Hyde Away is one of my favorite places to grab a burger or some other comfort food....great vibe.