• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon announced new trails and glades

Puck it

From the Cannon website : Also new on the mountain: We've added 8 new trails & glades and you can follow the signs for Miller's Mile this season and ski Bode's favorite route down Cannon: Upper & Middle Cannon, Extension and Avalanche and back to the Tram!

http://cannonmt.com/new.html

Anyone want to speculate where they are? I am guessing at Mitty. Nothing new on the trail map.

dlague

There is not a whole lot of press around this - not even a press release. My guess, they are holding info until the Boston Ski Show. They are putting a little news out to get people like us to talk about it.

SIKSKIER

Hmm.Ok,the only trail that I know they were going to cut was a new cutback to Barons from the top of the T-bar which isnt there yet.Not sure how they could count Barons since it was already a trail.Didn't hear about anything new being gladed.They wouldnt count Millers Mile as 5 "NEW" would they?I need to investigate.

Last edited:

Puck it

There is not a whole lot of press around this - not even a press release. My guess, they are holding info until the Boston Ski Show. They are putting a little news out to get people like us to talk about it.
They never do any press release. It is mostly done thru the site.

I am figuring that we will see the following on the trail map

Trails:
Baron's
Skyline
Ridge Run
Taft (in some form Trail or Slope)
Chair Lift Trail

Glades:
Birches
Glade between Skyline and Chair Lift - Blanking on the name.

Puck it

Hmm.Ok,the only trail that I know they were going to cut was a new cutback to Barons from the top of the T-bar which isnt there yet.Not sure how they could count Barons since it was already a trail.Didn't hear about anything new being gladed.I need to investigate.They wouldnt count Millers Mile as 5 "NEW" would they?I need to investigate.

I think the Miller Mile is a separate thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is this just semantics? I thought the actual trail names at Mittersill weren't on the old map.

Puck it

Is this just semantics? I thought the actual trail names at Mittersill weren't on the old map.

The Cannon trail map does not have any names at Mitty. There are few names on the old Mitty maps from the 60's and 70's.

Also an easy way to add to the trail count.

Puck it

I can guess what one of the other new trails is: "Miller's Mile Midweek Detour". Used on Tues-Thurs when the tram isn't running.

LOL. We may have to make that sign and place it there.

like this
attachment.php

Attachments

• Miller’s Mile Detour.jpg
    Miller’s Mile Detour.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited: