• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Ski Resort Bar

granite

The Bunyan Room at Loon Mountain is a great apres ski bar right on the mountain.

bigbog

Well, I do remember seeing a bar in one of lodges at the bottom of Killington, but, back in the day, used to head over to Casey's Caboose..for beers and burger...along the access road. Know it's quite a ways from any resort property;-) These days it's the Bag, or the Rack, or Tufulios bar.
Always kind of associated Woodstock, NH's big pub(out in back of the small hotel?) a part of the Loon Mtn
environment as well:cool:

Last edited:

Cannonball

The Bunyan Room at Loon Mountain is a great apres ski bar right on the mountain.

Was going to say that too. I rarely ski Loon. But have to admit, that I've gone to the Bunyan many times as apres to a Cannon ski day. Prophet0426 and I have often found that the weekend scenery there is far superior to Cannon's pub.

Smellytele

Mad River Glen has a great bar. Whiteface is pretty good.

Too many bars in redone base lodges are too generic. Jay Peak comes to mind as a place that just doesn't have any soul anymore. I mean, it's got all the things that should make it a good bar, but it's just lacking in the character department.

I agree with this
but I was not able to even find the bar at whiteface the 2 days I was there...

Savemeasammy

Was going to say that too. I rarely ski Loon. But .....I have often found that the weekend scenery there is far superior to Cannon's pub.

Having borne witness to the on-slope scenery at Loon, I believe this to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Jay Peak comes to mind as a place that just doesn't have any soul anymore. I mean, it's got all the things that should make it a good bar, but it's just lacking in the character department.

Agreed. It's just not a ski bar

I was not able to even find the bar at whiteface the 2 days I was there...

Top floor. Just outside the Face Lift.

Plattekill.

Agreed, this is my submission as well.

Old school. Rustic. Homey. Overlooks the slopes. Friendly locals mix well with friendly trippers, etc.... Gotta' love it.

Tin

the FJ at the Zoomer chair a close second!!!!!

My mother drives an FJ...she is also a lesbian.

Seriously...Black Line at Magic. Doesn't matter if you're new to the mountain or not. By the end you know a few locals. Best atmosphere around.

moresnow

I ordered one of those big beers they sell at the bar last season. Big bargain, but I thought it tasted gross.
I like them. They are a pretty tasty lager. But they certainly are not for everyone.

Live and let drink... or something like that.

MadMadWorld

My mother drives an FJ...she is also a lesbian.

Seriously...Black Line at Magic. Doesn't matter if you're new to the mountain or not. By the end you know a few locals. Best atmosphere around.

Lol watch out. He might challenge you!

Savemeasammy

Agree. Great vibe at the BLT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

The Station Taproom at Mount Snow - and this year its expanding from 18 to 30 taps of great micro's!