• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Ski Resort Bar

skiberg

The Kuhstall in Ischgl. Craziest bar i have ever been in Apres ski or other.

skiberg

How about in no particular order:
1. Matterhorn at Stowe.
2. The Red Lion, Vail.
3. Rodelhuette Ischgl - A genuine ski in/ski out strip joint. No BS look it up. They have several right next to the lifts. Lap dances with your ski boots on. First time in Ischgl was with my 12 yr old, I had to draw his attention to something else.

skiNEwhere

I'm not a big drinker to begin with, and 5-7 dollar beers doesn't make me really want to get started slopeside.

But I do know that people rave about the Bacon Bloody Mary at the 6th Alley Bar at Arapahoe Basin. Only $10.50 and it's yours :/

skiNEwhere

3. Rodelhuette Ischgl - A genuine ski in/ski out strip joint. No BS look it up. They have several right next to the lifts. Lap dances with your ski boots on. First time in Ischgl was with my 12 yr old, I had to draw his attention to something else.

That is pretty crazy! I looked up Ischgl on wiki, and it said "Ischgl is well-known (and sometimes criticized) for its lively après-ski parties and roistering nightlife." I guess that helps explain part of it lol.

skiberg

In that case i like the mid mountain Box at Burke, Cannonball and Alices Table at Jay (its kind of a restaurant but better food than most).

Smellytele

I'm not a big drinker to begin with, and 5-7 dollar beers doesn't make me really want to get started.

But I do know that people rave about the Bacon Bloody Mary at the 6th Alley Bar at Arapahoe Basin. Only $10.50 and it's yours :/
My wife actually took 2 sips and said it was gross and didn't finish it. I don't like Bloodies.

Puck it

I'm not a big drinker to begin with, and 5-7 dollar beers doesn't make me really want to get started slopeside.

Then you would like the FJ bar. Very cheap and it is ski up. Heck it is free unless you bring your own.

skiberg

Austrians are absolutely nuts when it somes to partying. Was in Ischgl last year. Thur nights they leave a bar about 3k vertical feet above town open unitl midnight. People party, dancingon tables etc and get absolutely blotto and then slide down the mountain, under lights, back to town on sleds. Very safe indeed.

Edd

Rodelhuette Ischgl - A genuine ski in/ski out strip joint. No BS look it up. They have several right next to the lifts. Lap dances with your ski boots on. First time in Ischgl was with my 12 yr old, I had to draw his attention to something else.

Man, I did not need to know about this. Now I'm burdened with a new life goal.

Savemeasammy

No further submissions necessary. We have found a clear-cut winner. Please lock this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiNEwhere

I want to know what's the next progression of ski bars.

A bartender on jays or cannons tram on select low volume days?

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Mad River Glen has a great bar. Whiteface is pretty good.

Too many bars in redone base lodges are too generic. Jay Peak comes to mind as a place that just doesn't have any soul anymore. I mean, it's got all the things that should make it a good bar, but it's just lacking in the character department.