• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Ski Resort Bar

SnowRock

I definitely need to get to magic this year. It's been on the list the the black line tavern sounds like my type of spot.

If it doesn't have to be on mountain Id also throw a vote towards the matterhorn.

Outside of the east coast Ajax tavern is a pretty absurd scene but a legit après bar, especially if your buddy happens to be out there for work and is picking up the tab.

drjeff

YOU think Mt Snow has the best ski bar!!?? I did not see that coming. ;-)

I think that even a few non Mount Snow regulars who have been there will back me up on this one!

And by "best" in my book I'm talking the combo of atmosphere plus quality beer selection

Edd

I think that even a few non Mount Snow regulars who have been there will back me up on this one!

And by "best" in my book I'm talking the combo of atmosphere plus quality beer selection

You, my friend, are the homer template upon which all other homers are based. I've gotta respect the loyalty.

Last edited:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I was always partial to the Green Mountain Lounge at Mt. Ellen. But then, I'm more than usually biased ;-)

Also seem to recall enjoying a pub at Burke... I think it was at the base of the detachable? It's been too long; can't remember.

tree_skier

The bar at Sundance used to be the best bar at Snow but I haven't been to any in a few years especially since they stopped the employee discount

4aprice

Black Line at Magic. Doesn't matter if you're new to the mountain or not. By the end you know a few locals. Best atmosphere around.

Might even get to hold some real live rabbits there too:lol: Agree that's a good one. Used to love the Hunter Bar back in the 80's. Would end the skiing day by 2:30 and hang there the rest of the day. Met many young women there. The old bar at Killington Base lodge was fun but we used to go down to the Gristmill @ the Summit Lodge. If you like seeing bands and dancing the Thristy Camel @ Camelback packs them in on Saturday's. Somebody mentioned Aspen (Ajax Bar maybe) but nothing was as fun as the old Little Nell Bar (pre-gondola) and the great deck they had right there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The Sneak

Anywhere at the loaf, really.
Bullwinkles, the Rack...you cannot lose.

I agree with the bar @ Magic too. Best vibe.

sadly I have spent so much time in the bar at wa wa they all seem awesome by comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowRock

Might even get to hold some real live rabbits there too:lol: Agree that's a good one. Used to love the Hunter Bar back in the 80's. Would end the skiing day by 2:30 and hang there the rest of the day. Met many young women there. The old bar at Killington Base lodge was fun but we used to go down to the Gristmill @ the Summit Lodge. If you like seeing bands and dancing the Thristy Camel @ Camelback packs them in on Saturday's. Somebody mentioned Aspen (Ajax Bar maybe) but nothing was as fun as the old Little Nell Bar (pre-gondola) and the great deck they had right there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The thirsty camel is not a bad spot at all for a pocono bump... Like it when they get those acoustic dudes in there.

I really don't dig the bar(s) at hunter nowadays. Can't speak to the classic era... but it did force me to find an alternative in the dutch in saugerties which I now hit on the way back to the thruway.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The two most important aspects regarding any bar to me is can I get a decent beer, and will you get it to me quickly. I could care less about sense of place if the aforementioned fails.

So, for those two factors, I'm going with the Sled Pub at Pat's Peak and the Wildcat Pub.

IMO, the best on mountain party bar / scene in New England is the Widowmaker at Sugarloaf. The service there is f'ing garbage though. I've never waited so long to get a drink at a ski area bar as I have at the Widowmaker and that sucks because they almost always have great entertainment and a fun crowd. Peak business hours on a Saturday, they've got four bartenders working. There should be six.

mriceyman

Heavenly has a pretty sweet party at the main bar on weekendsImageUploadedByAlpineZone1414156413.829361.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1414156442.314174.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Bostonian

I figured I would do it by state!

Maine: Foggy Goggle at SR - Another great bar slope side very fun place.
Massachusetts: Outlook at Nashoba - A great bar with really good food. Fun vibe too and so close to home!
New Hampshire: Powder Keg at Gunstock - Great food, good mug club and of course close to our family's second home.
Vermont: Umbrella Bar at Killington - a great bar, and really very laid back slope side.

wa-loaf

The view from the bar at Alta isn't to shabby:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 904136_10200361483713254_1906999885_o.jpg
    904136_10200361483713254_1906999885_o.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 236