• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Ski Resort Bar

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
There are some noteworthy mentions throughout this thread. I kinda like the bar at Gore myself. Don't tell anyone but the skiing ain't bad either...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

It used to be good, but they redid it recently and it hasn't been the same. They don't even let you dance on tables anymore!

Yes, keep the skiing thing secret. If anyone asks, Gore is too flat and doesn't have any glades to speak of.

;-)

Bumpsis

Did go to the strip joint near Sugarloaf. They were not lacking for workers. Maine must have slack laws on stripping because they would grab your hands and put them on their breasts. The smell of 2 stoke in the place was killing me though.

Where exactly is this gem?? I can put up with slednecks (I'm guessing that's the reference: "2 stoke...") as long as there are nice pairs bodacious tatas to look at, or better, feel!!

Edd

Where exactly is this gem?? I can put up with slednecks (I'm guessing that's the reference: "2 stoke...") as long as there are nice pairs bodacious tatas to look at, or better, feel!!

Last I knew it was at the Carrabassett Inn: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Inn_and_Grill-Carrabassett_Valley_Maine.html

I've heard that the same group sets up in Rangeley somewhere but I've never confirmed that. I'm at work so I shouldn't link to their site. The time I stayed there with a friend we had no idea that was happening. It's a good time.

EDIT: I was confused that I couldn't find their website because they used to have one but a Yelp review is saying that it has closed to make way for a bowling alley. Don't know if the ladies set up shop somewhere else.

Last edited:

granite

Having borne witness to the on-slope scenery at Loon, I believe this to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't ski Loon too much either, never on weekends. If you do ski Loon, Friday is a good day to ski there, bring your long stiff skis and ski fast. With four high speed quads and almost the whole mountain groomed you can ski 30,000 vertical in a day. Then hit the Bunyan Room for apres ski-it gets going pretty good on Fridays.

Edd

I was wondering about that place, always wanted to go. I went there once on a Saturday around 2pm, they were closed though.

Don't think it opens that early. It's a beautifully restored barn/stable type of place. Live music and very decent food. It's in Jackson so that raises their game, I think.

machski

On Mountain, The Foggy Google is good at SR but I like the vibe better at Barker Pub. Off mountain, hands down its the Matterhorn at SR. They have cranked it up over the past decade, place rocks!

drjeff

On Mountain, The Foggy Google is good at SR but I like the vibe better at Barker Pub. Off mountain, hands down its the Matterhorn at SR. They have cranked it up over the past decade, place rocks!

One of my friends who has a place at SR (and is a decade plus Mug holder at The Matterhorn) told me that it has new owners this year. Since the new owners we apparently employees there for a bunch of years, she's not too worried about any drastic changes to it!!

granite

Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs is legit. I've had way too much fun in there for my own good on a couple of occasions.

Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs has gone through several locations from the original out towards the back to the 2nd floor the last time I was there about 20 years ago. Is it still on the 2nd floor, or have they moved and expanded it again? Way too much fun there for me too in my twenties.

Smellytele

I am about to say a bar in Manchester if we keep pushing it further and further away from the actual ski areas. I thought this was about ski area bars that were in the lodge.