• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Mtn Reality Show

catskillman

See below - I hope this is not a Hunter.... Several years ago there was a production company at Hunter auditioning for this. Orville was still alive, and no one could believe he would let it happen. The New York Daily News is breathlessly reporting (or warning) that the creators of the once immensely popular “Jersey Shore” TV-er may be heading to a mountain resort near you.

The casting process is going on right now for the proposed show titled “Turn Up The Heat,” but as the Daily News wonders, “can you shoot a whole show in a hot tub?”

The producers claim the new show will be as over-the-top as their long-running reality series. The set? An as yet un-named eastern ski resort. Hunter or Killington, maybe?

“You partied with us all summer on the shore,” say the producers, “and now we’re back to redefine winter. It’s clearly designed to appeal to booze-swilling twenty-somethings who aren’t afraid of a little snow… you already know how hot the party is gonna be, even on ice.”

The Daily News wonders out loud if it will work: “A ski slope is a far different setting than a beach. For one thing, everyone is dressed. In layers.”

There is no network attached to the show yet and no quarantee, says the paper, that the project will even make it to the airwaves. But, if you fit the part, so to speak, and want to try for a role, just head to this casting website.

4aprice

Back in the 80's I think Hunter would have been a prime candidate for this kind of thing, but its really changed. K would be an obvious choice, maybe Mt Snow. I know they have filmed segments of LI Medium @ Camelback (actually saw them doing it) but doubt its big enough for a show like this.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Domeskier

Confused - this link is for the best bar thread, does not mention a reality show location ???

"Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post

3. Rodelhuette Ischgl - A genuine ski in/ski out strip joint. No BS look it up. They have several right next to the lifts. Lap dances with your ski boots on. First time in Ischgl was with my 12 yr old, I had to draw his attention to something else."

dlague

Can't be New England according the the measurements on that casting website - yes I went to it!

"getting this whole party ten thousand feet high."

catskillman

Can't be New England according the the measurements on that casting website - yes I went to it!

"getting this whole party ten thousand feet high."

and did you read that waiver? you sign away everything, even if you do not get hired they can use your info, photo etc... Not that I would even consider this. I will watch at least the first episode wherever it ends up being filmed...

prsboogie

AdironRider

and did you read that waiver? you sign away everything, even if you do not get hired they can use your info, photo etc... Not that I would even consider this. I will watch at least the first episode wherever it ends up being filmed...

This is actually standard operating procedure for anyone who goes on TV or wants to go on TV.

catskillman

well - apparently this is going on now at Hunter. I have seen no sign of this, but have heard the ski house is in Elka Park, one of the guys is working at The Pro ski shop and one is bartending at MacGregors. She initially refused as she would not lay off one of her workers, but something apparently was worked out. Any one else with any details. I imagine with pond skimming on Friday there will be some action at the mountain.........

crank

US TV always steals show ideas from the BBC and vice versa.

"...in perpetuity, throughout the universe..." is a standard phrase in almost all tv/film/media contracts regarding the production company's use of your image.

Sounds like it is going to be a terrible show. There was an attempt at a ski area reality show shot at Crystal Mtn a few years back. It didn't do so well, but, then again, it didn't have any hot tubs or sex.