• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's in your gear bag?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Let's see. About a half a dozen old ski maps. A couple old socks. A plastic bag. A pair of knit glove liners. A granola bar left from last year. A half jar of sunflower seeds. A half bag of Raisinets. A small squished Mounds bar. A bunch of clipped tickets. An unused twofer voucher for Killington. Three balaclavas. A pair of goggles in bag with extra lens. A helmet. A pair Phototog gloves. EMS Glove outers. A pair of Goretex ski gloves. Knee length ski socks (clean). Ski boots.

jack97

my bag has
- smelly socks
- base layers that should have been washed last spring
- empty toe warmer packages

lol.... that's what I have at the end of the season.

That nose warmer sure looks good tho..... I have to check if I can find some at ebay NWT.

Warp Daddy

Xtra gloves n socks and one xtra under armor top , handwarmers , my boot gloves , fourowax kit,for wax touch ups when on extended road trips and a thermos of hot chocy, munchies . My bootbag is a roller bag so it is mondo easy to move also holds my boots helmet and balaclavas of various designs

gmcunni

So, essentially you made a thread to announce that you wear "wristies"

got my son a pair of wrist gaiters (more macho term) a few years ago and he loves them. extra layer of protection between glove and jacket sleeve. sure gauntlet gloves and base layer with thumb hole do same job but he likes this better.

P3180092.jpg

as for my gear bag - in addition to what i plan to wear that day - extra top base layer, fleece, bunch of hand warmers, backup gloves, backup goggles, diff color lens for goggles, a shell (depending on weather), tums, Tylenol, loose change, extra plastic ticket attachment things, rub on wax, bottle opener, extra neck warmer, extra balaclava.

new this year will probably be some USB charging sticks

Smellytele

I usually find some left over dope from some past season. Always have to make sure there is none in there when I fly some where. Besides that just the normal shit 10 pairs of gloves/ mittens for different conditions and a few neck warmers and hand and foot warmers.

jack97

got my son a pair of wrist gaiters (more macho term) a few years ago and he loves them. extra layer of protection between glove and jacket sleeve.

One of my winter jacket has built in wrist gaiters while the other doesn't. I usually stuff the gaiters (for the sausage fest crowd around here) in my bag regardless off which jacket I bring along. Back several years ago, when I started to look into keeping my wrist warm I found these as well but at twice the cost of the wristie.

attachment.php

btw, interesting comments in terms of naming an item and the thoughts that prevail from doing so.

Attachments

• Marmot_Strech_Wrist_Gaiters.jpg
    Marmot_Strech_Wrist_Gaiters.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

makimono

I have a pair of wristies too :oops: aside from the basic extra socks, extra gloves etc I keep a little pouch of tool type stuff in the bottom of my bag: big #3 pozi and a big regular blade screwdriver, allen key set, small adjustable wrench, shims & stuff for my boots, gummi stone and a fine hard stone, some rub on wax and a cork, toenail clippers (!)

Warp Daddy

Oh yeah wristies , one of my jackets has them built in and i also have a couple of base layer tops with them built in too , they are good !

Glenn

Multi tool and a snowboard screwdriver set. You can never have too many tools.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

ThinkSnow

I keep one of these in my gear bag. Ya never know when it will come in handy on the hill.
attachment.php

Attachments

• more_cowbell_large.jpg
    more_cowbell_large.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 179

RustyGroomer

Slippers! Laugh all you want. I'm the comfy guy w/happy warm feet après.