• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's in your gear bag?

jack97

So on the topic of the cheesy title. Just wondering what if any unusual item they have in their gear bag. Not talking the typical extra goggle or face mask, but something not seen in the ski area or lodge.

For me, I had the problem of cold fingers and toes. For the hands, I've been using wristies for the past two to three seasons but yet to see this in the lodge. It keeps my finger warm by keeping the wrist warm. BTW, never like the hand liner because it can't trap heat around the area and it's another layer to prevent the feel of the pole/hand grips.

10A-2.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Jack,

So, essentially you made a thread to announce that you wear "wristies"

sounds kind of like the fannypack of ski gear, but if that's what you want to talk about........hey it's cool

jack97

^^^

My problem is my thumbs gets cold, even with liners. Hand warmers keeps the fingers ok but never that thumb.

jack97

Jack,

So, essentially you made a thread to announce that you wear "wristies"

sounds kind of like the fannypack of ski gear, but if that's what you want to talk about........hey it's cool

in one way yes in another way no...... you get anything unusual in your bag other than baggage itself?